[Moo] stealth cooler

Denise V. McMahon denise at shado.info
Fri Apr 16 22:30:56 PDT 2004

Steve Sheets wrote:
> Rowan,
>   That is nothing! A couple years back some catalog had a cooler in it
> that was camouflaged inside of a wooden keg of beer. It looked like an
> authentic round keg on side, complete with wooden stand. You lifted the
> top off (hidden hatch), and the inside was an insulated cooler. The
> price was in the $500+ range.

Wish I had seen that one! It sounds awesome. I recently found one that
looks like a large woven picnic basket- it's lined with metal and the
top can flip over to be used as a tray for drinks. That one wasn't so
bad and on sale! :)

There was a gorgeous one last year-- really well made, at Costco for
about $120- Their Exellencies of Bright Hills got themselves one and
I've been looking for a cooler similar to that one ever since. It's the
one thing that bugs me at Pennsic-- Coleman chairs don't even bother me
as much!

Isn't finding period looking mundane stuff fun?

-Rowan Berran

--
"Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds."
- Buddha