[Watchtower] Re: [Moo] Baronial Holiday Social - December 19th

Peter Darby pjdarby at comcast.net
Sun Dec 12 17:02:42 PST 2004

I attended the Caer Mear investiture this past Saturday.  Baron Turgeis,
Lord Merrick (Squire to Sir Thomas of Ponte Alto) and myself fought in the
heavy tournament.  Not only was I proud to fight along side two such worthy
individuals but they brought honor to themselves by coming so close to
winning the tournament that only one team stood above them when the final
results were in.  One can't be to disappointed by being defeated by a Duke
and even he lived in Stierbach until recently.

We are now engaged in preparing for Gulf Wars and Pennsic  I encourage all
fighters, combat archers and want-to-be fighters to come out and join the
fighters of Stierbach.  Baron Turgeis is the Barony's warlord and has many
plans and a wealth of knowledge to impart as we work with him in the coming
months.  We have worthy fighters fighting in Stierbach.  If we learn to
fight as a group we could achieve more than anyone has ever seen from us.

And while I am at it Lord Kennrick is working hard to get rapier off the
ground in Stierbach.  All he needs is people who are interested in learning
the arts of the sword.  If you are new and not sure about rapier at this
12th night you will see a most excellent demonstration of a new, to the SCA,
rapier style .

Lastly I hope to see many of you this Sunday at our home for Stierbachs
holiday celebration.  Garb or not, it is your choice.  Newcomer or old
hand/Cantons or just Stierbach/fighters, archers, artisans or just enjoy
playing come out and enjoy the baccanalian delights of the Stierbach
potluck.