[Moo] Interesting reference... (fwd)

Ii Saburou logan at ModZer0.gi.alaska.edu
Mon Feb 23 15:00:55 PST 2004

Here's an interesting archery reference in the "Analects of Confucius":

"The Master used a fishing line but not a cable [attached to a net]; he
used a corded arrow but not to shoot at roosting birds."

The mention of corded arrows is interesting--I assume this to mean that
they would tie a piece of rope or string to the arrow so that when they
shot it up to hit a bird they could retrieve their arrow and (hopefully)
their quarry as well.

I found this very interesting and wondered if it might not make for an
interesting archery shoot of some kind.

-Ii