[Moo] Next Asian Night: Asian Weaponry 2/9/2004, 06:30 PM

Ii Saburou logan at ModZer0.gi.alaska.edu
Mon Jan 12 19:56:08 PST 2004

Okay, this is far in advance, but here is the agenda for next Asian Night:

When: 	2/9/2004 06:30 PM
Where: 	6899 Ridge Water Ct.
	Centreville, VA 20121

Topic:  Asian Weaponry

While I have specific examples of shuriken, katana, and jutte, the forum
is open to the discussion of any Asian weapons.  We'll discuss creation
and use.  Topics to consider: how do actual schools of martial arts apply
to what we do in the SCA?  What use does a curve have in a weapon?  Why is
Japanese 'folded' steel so highly prized?  I do not ask for answers, but
discussion.

Please RSVP before next Asian Night either to this account or by phone at
703-815-0310.

-Ii