[Moo] Stierbach's Baronial Investiture

Stacie Larson csrpnt at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 14:08:53 PST 2004

Stierbach's Investiture is coming quickly, so get those reservations in
soon!  Nearly half the feast spaces are already accounted for.  Please
make checks payable to Barony of Stierbach/SCA, Inc.

We hope to see you all there!

Cecily

+++++++++

Baronial Investiture
January 24, 2004
Barony of Stierbach

The winds of winter blow and bring change to the Barony of Stierbach.
All are called to the Great Hall to witness the Investiture of our new
Baron and Baroness, Collum Makiswell and Briana MacLukas.  We will then
celebrate with games, song, dance, arts, archery, and fighting aplenty
to amuse you in our hall, sheltered from the elements.  But, beware the
shadows, for treachery and intrigue await you and assassins may roam
our lands.  Are you one of them?

Martial Activities:  Armored and rapier combat will be held inside our
Great Hall, so come, fight without the cold and risk of rust! We'll
have target archery on the grounds.

Arts & Sciences:  There will be two A&S competitions: 1, All things
that would have been used for treachery and intrigue - ciphers, codes,
poison rings (please, no ACTUAL poisons), concealed weapons (or the
means of discovering any such thing) - and 2, Clothing/outfits worn
specifically in the colder months to keep out the elements.
Documentation and/or justification is strongly encouraged for both.  In
addition, there will be a bardic competition, for the Songs of Spring,
conjuring images of the warmer days to come.  Contact Lord Ii Saburou
Katsumoru (Joshua Badgley), arts at stierbach.org, for more details.

Games:  Members of the Academie of Wit and Plaie will be staging a
games competition during the afternoon.  An assortment of games will be
available for play.

Cost:	Adult, Member:	$7.00 Day-Trip	$14.00 with Feast
Adult, Non-Member:	$10.00 Day-Trip	$17.00 with Feast
Child (6-17):	$5.00 Day-Trip	$12.00 with Feast

Children 5 and under are guests of the Barony.  Adults should be
prepared to show a valid membership card or pay the $3 non-member
surcharge.

Feast:  A delightful feast is being prepared by Lady Gwynaeth Pembroke
and Lady Jenet Fairhugh.  Contact Lady Gwynaeth (Christine Kervina),
703/534-6075, ckervina at yahoo.com, if you have questions.

Merchants:  Merchants are welcome!  Contact the autocrats for more
information.

Co-Autocrats:  Lady Cecily Clervaus (Stacie Larson), 202/316-4807,
csrpnt at yahoo.com; Lady Ilse von Brenner (Kathryn Klawiter),
703/517-5428, klawiter.kathryn at epamail.epa.gov

Reservations:  Geoffrey Hawkwood (Peter Larson), 2218 Mohegan Drive
#A2, Falls Church VA, 22043, 202/316-4807, isangeles at hotmail.com

Site:  Prince William County Fairgrounds, 10624 Dumfries Rd, Manassas,
VA 20112

Site Restrictions:  This site is dry.  No open flame.  Pets are OK.

Directions:  From I-66: Take the Rt. 234 exit (Exit 44). Turn left onto
Dumfries Rd (Business 234), about the 4th red light. Go north about one
mile and turn left into the park directly after the National Guard
Armory.
>From I-95: South of the DC beltway. Take RT 234 West exit (Exit 152).
In about ten miles turn right onto Dumfries Rd (Business 234). Go north