[Moo] Stierbach Champions`

Dave Montuori damont at wolfstar.com
Mon Jul 12 18:04:46 PDT 2004

Scripsit Iustinos, who should know better:
> heh...you're enjoying your lady wife's new title, aren't you Loric. ;-)
>
> Congratulations to THL Kiara of Ironwood! Clearly a long time coming...
>
> Apologies to the heralds who cringe whenever the SCA-created title (not
> officially used, but often sported in Atlantia) is mentioned.

SO STOP USING IT ALREADY!

I apologize for being loud here, but it's not just heralds; Easterners and
a significant fraction of Laurels will also cringe.

The earliest usage of anything even remotely resembling this concept was
in the late 1700's, as far as anyone I know has ever found. This practice
was completely unheard of in Atlantia when I started in the SCA -- as far
as I can tell it was imported in from Meridies sometime in the mid-90s.

If a King of Atlantia can insist on hiding vaguely modern-looking
chairs, a King of Arms can bloody well insist on hiding less vaguely
modern-sounding titles.

Evan