[Moo] Upcoming Pennsic information meetings this week.

Snead, Ryan ryan.snead at gd-ais.com
Mon Mar 1 06:17:29 PST 2004

Unto the populace of Greater Stierbach, Iustinos Ancyrenos sends these
words.

Good neighbors and friends, I bring to your attention the following two
meetings this week which have been announced to the February edition of the
Bull and Spring edition of the Gatehouse. For those of you who may not have
heard, the Barony of Stierbach will have a baronial encampment at Pennsic
this year, and I have volunteered to be the land agent. Pennsic is the
largest and longest SCA event in the world. Each August, 10-15,000 people
from all over the world incorporate the town of Pennsic War, PA (complete
with post office) in western Pennsylvania for up to two weeks of life in the
Current Middle Ages. The Kingdom of Atlantia regularly brings the third or
fourth largest contingent of attendees to this event, many from this barony
and our immediate neighbors.

During the month of March, I will run information sessions about Pennsic and
what to expect for a Baronial encampment in various places around the
barony. Two of these information sessions will be held this week, one in the
core of the barony, the other in Sudentor:

	Wednesday, March 3rd, following the baronial business
		meeting which starts at 7pm
	Sunday, March 7th, concurrent with the Sudentor archery
		practice and sewing circle, which starts at 2pm.

The entire schedule will be printed in the newsletter announcements, but it
is my intention to announce these sessions via listserv each week also. The
goal of these information sessions is to provide information about Pennsic
to those who have never been there, and talk about ideas for the baronial
encampment with anyone who might be considering joining the baronial
encampment. No one (except me) should expect to attend every information
session this month. (Of course, who am I to stop such eager enthusiasm where
it exists?) My intent by having multiple meetings this month is to provide
more than ample opportunities for Q&A about Pennsic and past baronial
encampments while also getting people thinking about what we will want to do
for this year's baronial encampment.

Please feel free to distribute this letter to other electronic forums or
individuals who might be interested in camping with the Barony of Stierbach
at Pennsic. If anyone has questions for me about the encampment or this
message, please respond privately to me at rwsnead at comcast.net or call
703-517-5429.

In faith I remain,

Iustinos Ancyrenos

Information Links:

'Official' Pennsic Website (registration and information about Pennsic 33)
	http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn33/index.html

Pennsic information session 1
	Directions to the baronial businss meeting on March 3
	http://www.stierbach.org/sites/mccl.htm

Pennsic information session 2
	Directions to the Sudentor archery practice/sewing circle on March 7
	http://sudentur.atlantia.sca.org/directions.php#Wolfhou

Stierbach baronial encampment website (might have one later this month)
	Link TBD but likely to be hosted on baronial web space

A few pretty good suggested Pennsic packing checklists (i.e. what to bring,
but YMMV) available online:
	http://www.pennsic.net/packlist.html
	http://www.pennsicindependent.com/pack.html
	http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn33/GENERAL/pack.html