[Moo] FW: Memorial and Service Plans for Duke Gyrth

cwymarc at comcast.net cwymarc at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 09:17:15 PST 2004

From: "Ann Shelton Anne le Coeur" <seneschal at atlantia.sca.org>
To: <branchseneschals at atlantia.sca.org>
Subject: [Branchseneschals] Memorial and Service Plans for Duke Gyrth
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:05:35 +0000

Please post to your respective lists. I have included the original funeral
information posted to the Rose this weekend as well as additional information
from Earl Dafydd.

Thank you

Anne

Solemn greetings, all,

> Here are the details regarding services for Duke Gyrth Oldcastle.
>
> Viewing at DeVol Funeral Home
> Tuesday, Nov 16th, 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m.
> 10 East Deer Park Drive
> Gaithersburg, MD 20877-2015
> (301) 948-6800
>
> Funeral service at Shrine of St. Jude
> Wednesday, Nov 17th, 10:30 a.m.
> 12701 Viers Mill Road
> Rockville, MD 20853
> (301) 946-8200
>
> The family requests that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made to:
>
> American Diabetes Association
> 1-800-DIABETES (800-342-2383)
> P.O. Box 1131
> Fairfax, VA 22038-1131
> www.diabetes.org
>
> or
>
> Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
> To inquire about how to donate, contact the Member Services
Office(800)789-7486; Monday - Thursday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. PST

> Condolences may be sent to:
>
> Carol and Michael O'Leary
> 13402 Vandalia Dr.
> Rockville, MD 20853
>
> Melisande de Belvoir
> Michael Oldcastle
> Shire of Roxbury Mill, Atlantia

Subject: Further info on arrangements for Gyrth

With many of Gyrth's friends in from out of town for Tuesday or Wednesday,
it is appropriate that there be some place that they could meet on Tuesday
evening or all Wednesday. Low Ravenspur isn't all that well suited for
that purpose, being small and full of family -- a dozen people is a crowd
there right now, and there will be that many blood relatives alone. Mel
and I talked last night and as a result Elizabeth and I are opening Plas
Mawr for friends to come and visit and tell Gyrth-stories and eat and
drink.

The address is 23208 Wilderness Walk Court, Gaithersburg, MD 20882. Yahoo
Maps or Mapquest will get you there easily.

The phone number is (301) 540-5668 if you get confused and the map isn't
as clear as maybe you thought it would be.

The times are as follows:

If anyone wishes to come over after the viewings on Tuesday, the house
will be open from 8pm on (the late viewing runs 6-8pm on Tuesday) until
late.

Otherwise the house will be open from around 12 noon on Wednesday until
late or all the people leave whenever that is. (The funeral begins at
10:30am Wednesday).

Mel and Michael will not likely be here Tuesday night because of relatives
in town; they will come over when they can on Wednesday depending upon the
schedules of relatives and stuff.

Directions from the Viewing and from the Funeral are at the end of this
message.

Bring food or drink if you wish to; there will be some of both. If you
want to drink something alcoholic, you will need to bring it.

There is lots of space at Plas Mawr. If you wish to crash there at night,
either Tuesday or Wednesday night, there will be lots of space that way
too (enough for dozens of people), but you will need to bring a sleeping
bag.

Please feel free to send this message to anyone who might be interested,
and to propogate it to the Merry Rose and other lists where it might be
relevant. Everyone is welcome.

Dafydd

>From the Viewing (Tuesday, 2-4pm and 6-8pm):

Drive North on Rt. 355 (Frederick Avenue) about mile from the funeral
home; turn right on Summit Avenue.

Go straight on Summit for about a mile and it turns into Goshen Road as it
crosses Mid County Highway - stay on Summit.

Follow Goshen Road for a bit more than three miles until it ends at a T
intersection and three-way-stop at Brink Road. Turn right on Brink Road.

Go a bit less than a mile on Brink Road until you hit the light at Rt. 124
(Woodfield Road); turn left on Woodfield Road at the light.

Follow Woodfield Road (Rt. 124) about two miles then turn left on Watkins
Road.

Follow Watkins Road about a mile, at which point Watkins turns right and
if you continue straight you will be on Wildcat Road. Turn right to stay
on Watkins. If you miss this intersection and go straight the road will
take a hard left, hard right, and then about half a mile later you will
cross a one-lane bridge - that is too far; turn back.

Go about 0.4 miles and turn right on Wilderness Walk Drive;

Go to the end and turn right on Wilderness Walk Court;

23208 is the first house on the right just before you hit the cul-de-sac.

>From the Funeral (Wednesday, 10:30am):

Drive North on Viers Mill Road, across Rt. 355 and across Rockville, about
4.3 miles. At some point on your route this becomes Rt. 28, but you just
stay on the road until it hits I-270. Bear right to take I-270 North
towards Frederick.

Take I-270 about 8 miles; take Exit #16 (Father Hurley Boulevard); bear
right (towards Damascus: MD Rt. 27 East).

Go about four miles and turn Right on Davis Mill Road.

Go 0.4 miles and turn Left on Watkins Road.

Go 1.4 miles and turn Left on Wilderness Walk Drive.

--
Anne le Coeur, OP
Seneschal, Kingdom of Atlantia

seneschal at atlantia.sca.org