[Moo] Defending the Gate

Kelly Howell dragonblue at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 14 07:59:31 PDT 2005

 I really want to say Vivat to a great event this weekend. Although I never
had much of a chance to make it from the list field I did get a chance to
look around and see everything that was going on and all I can say is," wow
"! Again the bar has been raised for the standards of having fun. With the
diversity of things that could be participated in if you could not find
something that you enjoyed doing then you weren't at this event. The archery
was nothing short of spectacular. In eight years, three kingdoms, two
continents and countless events I have never seen such imagination put into
making an archery field so exciting. The heavy fighting was kept at a level
that was challenging, fun and instructive and although I Marshaled I don't
think that any fighter that participated would complain about how things
were presented to them. I wish that I could say how the rapier fighter's day
went but I was not able to see how things were going too much through out
the day. All I can say is that if the length of their fighting is any
indication as to how much fun they had then theirs was truly a great day.
Since I did not break away from the list field all day I will leave the
compliments on the auction and the arts and science to someone who saw more
than I did. The Ministry of children I again send a heart felt thank you. My
two oldest girls both had a lovely time and were entertained for most of the
day with the activities presented them. To all that made the event
possible............. very, very well done. I look forward to being there
next year. Yours in service Loric of Ironwood