[Moo] Fwd: Hamon/Tanto workshop

Lisa Mitchell cwymarc at comcast.net
Mon Apr 18 07:10:40 PDT 2005

--- In hartsbane at yahoogroups.com, "dougayen" <ayen at h...> wrote:

Coming up, I'll be hosting my first open workshop of 2005: Hamons and
Tantos.

Who: The first 8 people to pre-register
What: A workshop on creating a Japanese-style hamon on a tanto blade
Where: My workshop (see http://www.stierbach.org/weekly.htm under
        "Blacksmithing" for directions)
When: May 14, starting at noon.

I will provide pre-ground blades, workshop attendees will apply a clay
coating and
heat treat the tantos to deveop a hamon (temper line). Instruction and
materials
will also be provided to the attendees on how to polish and develop
the hamon.

All interested are welcome to attend. I am asking a $20 fee to cover
materials.
Hey, you're getting a tanto blade out of the deal, not to mention
propane use,
sandpaper, and other materials as needed. If you're just interested in
watching,
feel free to just show up.

If interested, please let me know. RSVPs will be used in order
received.

--doug
--- End forwarded message ---