[Moo] Forwarded on behalf of His Excellency of Stierbach

Shalandara at aol.com Shalandara at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 12:51:05 PDT 2005

The following message is forwarded from Baron Colum (who has tried posting
this for over a week and has had little success):

Sudentur - The little canton that could, put on quite an event and for  those
who couldn't make it the punishment for not attending Defending the Gate  is
to not have attended Defending the Gate last weekend.
Her Majesty brightened the day for everyone she met. (and that was most
everybody.)
Field Events:
For the Heavy fighters. - We had twenty-seven fighters going at  in in
multiple scenarios including combat archery.
For the Rapier fighters -  How about twenty people to cross swords  with
For the Archers. - This little event had fifty archers flinging arrows into
and out of castle wall archer slits.
Lastly if throwing things is what you like than you could have tossed  knives
and axes with sixteen others.
Weather:
Picture the perfect weather day and you can imagine Defending the Gate's
weather.
Food:
I was stopped by several people to compliment me on the lunch menu.   For
dinner the hot food was hot, the cold food was cold, and everything  was
delicious, timely and in sufficient quantity.

I can sum up the event with a short note of praise: Vivant!

In service to the Barony of Stierbach and their Majesties
Baron Colum Maxwell