[Moo] Alto recorder for sale-- anyone interested?

Ellen Davis ellen.m.davis at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 15 19:07:21 PST 2005

Greetings to all,

I apologize for taking up space on the list, but it was suggested to me that
someone in our fair Baronies might be interested in this offer.

I have in my possession a Kung Model I (Studio) alto recorder in cherrywood,
and I would like to find a good home for it.

Andreas Kung is a well-known Swiss recorder maker.  The Model I series of
recorders are Baroque or Modern in style, and are of fairly recent design
(this tends to be a good thing as modern recorder makers are constantly
refining their instrument designs to produce better sound).  The fact that
this recorder is cherrywood means that it has a slightly more complex tone
than your typical instrument, which is made of maple or pearwood.

The instrument is in excellent condition and has barely been played.  A new
recorder of this type would retail for about $300.  If you're interested,
just drop me a line, make me an offer, and we'll see if we can't figure
something out!

Also, if you happen to know of any other individuals or groups who might be
interested in this, please forward on this message to them.

Regards,
Aine Sindradottir/Ellen Badgley
703-815-0310

"Killing is wrong. And bad. There should be a new, stronger word for
killing. Like 'badwrong', or 'badong'. Yes-- killing is 'badong'. From this
moment, I will stand for the opposite of killing: 'gnodab'." -- The Chosen
One, "Kung Pow!: Enter the Fist"