[Moo] Costume night

Celia Friedman csfriedman at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 21 12:05:18 PST 2005

This week I will be opening my house WEDNESDAY at 7 PM, for anyone who wants
to come look at costume books, make patterns, sew, or just visit with people
who do those things :-)

I may do it on a different day of the week later on, depending on what
people ask for (right now there are equal votes for monday, tues, wed), but
this week that's the fastest I can geet the place clean enough for guests
:-)

I do have an immense costume history library (in and out of SCA period) so
if you have research to do, or would like to come browse pictures to see
what kind of garb interests you, please come on over!  It's a great
collection for people who have not  yet decided what they want to do, and we
can pattern anything you like.

Direx: near the intersection of Cascades and Algonkian, 1.8 miles from Rte
7, in sterling.  Right near Jaine's place :-)

46695 Lynnhaven Sq
STerling VA 20165
703 430 6662
Warning: Cellphones do not work in my house.

>From the East:

495 to 7W.
Go about 10 miles to Algonkian North, big green parkway sign right before an
underpass.
Go through 4 lights /4 miles on Algonkian. the last one is Cascades, you
will go THROUGH that.
First right after that is Lynnhaven. Make a hard right> I am the second to
last townhouse on the left, car says "1 author" on the plates.

>From the South:

50 or 66 to 28 North
Ends at 7 East, going towards Tyson's.
Shortly after, take Cascades Parkway North.
Go 1.8 miles, 3 lights.
The third light is Cascades, make a left
First right into lynnhaven
Hard right
Second to last townhouse on the left

>From Jaine's:

East on Algonkian about 1.6 miles.
After Potomac High School on the left, first real left (not  a parking lot)
is Lynnhaven. There is a left turn lane.
Hard left, second to last townhouse on Right.
You will probably miss Lynnhaven.  Turn around at the Cascades light and
come back.

Let me know if you are coming, please, and any period you need research
material in so I can make sure I know where it is?

Celia