[Moo] Pennsic Archery question 07/27/05

Mark Valente stierbacher at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 20:39:30 PDT 2005

Archery Marshals,

   I have become concerned about a rule I noticed on
the Pennsic Archery rules page.

"neither are bows with balance bars. Spring-operated
flipper rests are not permitted, although single-piece
solid plastic rests are allowed, as are bristle
rests."

   My wife and another person in my household have
just purchased recurves. These bows have a small metal
rest, not a solid plastic rest.  These are just the
rest for the arrow instead of the shelf. But they are
made of metal.  They do not have springs however they
do have some pliability.  I looked in some Archery
catalogs and saw that they sell these spring loaded
metal arms which hold the arrow and release as the
arrow is released. These recurves do not have such
mechanisms. I was just wondering which of these
objects are they talking about in the above rule.  I
don't see any difference between the metal rests on
the bows in question and plastic rests that serve the
same purpose on others.

Thanks much,
Marcolo