[Moo] Update on my adventure

Fyg Adakar fyg at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 2 12:50:48 PDT 2005

I know this is off-topic but I asked permission at the Baronial Business
Meeting last night so I could do this. And how come more people don't show
up for it? We all get entertained by the crazy woman playing musical chairs
in the back of the room.

Here is an update on my Japan move.

I depart for Japan on July 30th, 2005 from Dulles International Airport here
in Northern Virginia. I will be in orientation in Tokyo for 3 days and then
I will be going to my new home. I am being placed in Kuki City in Saitama
Prefecture, Japan. For those of you that are Japanese savy, I'm in Kuki-shi
Saitama-ken.

My donation webpage has been created by the fabulous Alex and can be found
at http://home.mindspring.com/~fyg/ . The page has been fitted with some
lovely flash and a donation button for those that wish to do so. And don't
worry if you don't have Paypal, it accepts other stuff too. Please feel free
to pass on the webpage to anyone you think might be interested or capable in
helping. The fundraising efforts have so far netted $800 out of the small
amount of 6 grand or so...6 grand in 2 months...it'll happen.

I get a new Japan related form every week that I have to fill out and it's
helping me gain perspective on this entire thing. I have found out that
there are 2 people in the DC area that are going to the same prefecture as
me, one is even in the same city, and my friend's older brother is in the
same program and already over there just 2 townships away; I'll definitely
have some support while I'm there.

And for those of you that want to keep tabs on my adventures over there I
will be posting them on http://www.livejournal.com/~fygadakar/

S,

Fyg