[Moo] Special Baronial at Home

Janie Darby darbyjanie at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:22:41 PDT 2005

Greetings!

This Wednesday, Stierbach's Baronial at Home will be held at the Occoquan
Forest common area, which features a picnic shelter, large playing field, a
fire pit, and a small boat dock, on the Occoquan River.

It is our intention to hold a "mock Baronial Court" in which we will go
through what Court entails - who does what and how it is done - so our
Newcomers will be more at ease with the process.

We will bring our Coleman grill, along with some burgers and hotdogs, and
some soda. Side dishes or other meats are welcome. ;-)

This is a garb-optional gathering. We will be in garb, in keeping with the
Baronial Court theme, but it is not required.

Weather/time permitting, there might even be a Bardic Circle (it would be a
shame to waste a perfectly good fire pit.

In the event of rain, there may be a sign posted to re-direct you to our
house instead. (The road down to the pavillion is steep and not always in
the best of condition.)

For those of you who have been to our house, you will turn right one street
before ours, go to the end of the street, and go through the gate at the end
down the hill.

Directions:

>From Manassas and points west:

Take best route to Prince William Parkway east.
Turn left on Yates Ford Road.
Turn right on Davis Ford Road.
After crossing Occoquan River, make first left turn onto Occoquan Forest
Drive.
Turn right onto Split Rail Drive (third road to the right). Split Rail is a
dead-end road. At the end of the road you will find a dirt road with a gate,
which will be open. Proceed down the steep hill with caution. The pavillion
will be on your right at the bottom of the hill.

>From points east, and from I-95:

Take Prince William Parkway west.
Turn right on Davis Ford Road. After approximately three miles you will see
signs for a stable, a curve, a hill and an intersection.
Turn right on Occoquan Forest Drive (if you cross the river at the foot of
the hill, you missed the turn). Follow directions above.

If you have any questions, please call us at 703 365-9097, or call Baroness
Briana at 571-643-5531. Be warned: Cell phone service in our neighborhood is
spotty, depending upon what service you have.

In Service to Barony and Kingdom,

Briana and Colum