[Moo] baronial birthday

Michael Howell j41mch at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 09:40:05 PDT 2005

Having just returned from the front lines In the southern lands of the barony I find myself weeping at the sacrifices made by the fighters of Stierbach. Lord Takeda Akimasa arrived at the battle site, was immediately set upon by numerous warriors and valiantly held the ground until reinforcements arrived. Ii Katsumori nobly took up the banner in honor of his wounded brother, defiantly held the ground despite being isolated from the larger group. His battle cries could be heard from all around and was only saved by the raging charge of the young Stierbach bulls. Despite this he did not fall back for rest but stayed as a pillar of granite for all to see and draw courage from. Three young bulls deserve credit for their ferocious efforts on the field, Kathrina von Bayern, Acilina le Dragon and Skorri. All of them, in spite of their youthfulness, displayed an honor and gallantry beyond their years. I am personally grateful for the tremendous efforts in defending baronial lands and
 property.
The warriors of Galatia showed that with superior tactic and unit cohesion a field of battle could be won, held and controlled. It was in their ability to work as a team and read the battle as it unfolded that enabled them to hold out in face of greater numbers and after the day was yielded to feasting and revelry they were honored by our great baron and baroness. I pray that they return with greater numbers, even larger honors and assist in the training of our young fighters so that the Steibach lands may always be free for our noble people to rome with out the fear of brigands, bandits and out-land raiders threatening our borders.
 Vivot to one and all who made this day possible. This sight has shown it's self to be of vast potential for the training of woods battles with the ability to be expanded to accommodate much larger forces. I cannot say enough about how this woodland area lays it's self open to so much more. With a variance in terrain, natural barriers and hazards that can challenge the novice fighter as well as our more prestigious peers to attempt to tame this rolling field of honor. I was honored to share the field with so many gallant soldiers and later again honored to be ask to represent the noble Barony of Steirbach as its champion. This was one of the most wondrous battles I have ever been in and I learned a ton of things from this one foray. If you were unable to attend this one do not fret for there will be another and that one will be as glorious as the firs if not more so. I know I will be there. Yours In service to the crown.  Loric of Ironwood