[Moo] [MR] Brigands in Stierbach's Forests, No more!

Sigrune at aol.com Sigrune at aol.com
Sun Jun 19 11:46:15 PDT 2005

I myself having just returned to Okamizu-han from the campaign against the
brigands in the southern reachs of Oushikawa-shu,  (Barony of  Stierbach) I
find myself reflecting upon a battle most noble, and a campaign  most enjoyable.

It is with deep sadness that I retired form the field early in the day, but
I am overjoyed with the martial exploits that I saw this day. My comrads in
arms all demonstrated acts of personal valor, and fought most bravely, both our
 forces and those of our worthy advisaries are warriors worth a thousand.

The levies and nobles of Stierbach responded in mass, and the flights of
their arrows once again darkened the skies with the awesome might of their
assembled prowess.

At the end of the battles of the day, the warriors and populace  enjoyed a
delightful feast under the open sky.

Though it is a sin, in my heart the shameful thought of returning  there once
again to do battle, and celebrate among the other  lords would be an
excellent occasion indeed!

This day, the 19th day of the 4th month of Eimei (Robert and Denise)
Oushikawa no Takeda Akimasa Shichi-i

*********************

The event, the site, the weather and the company made for an excellent  day.
As a veteran of the "old" woods battles at Pennsic, the return to a truly
wooded battlefield area with all the complexities involved was awesome!  I  am
deeply looking forward to next year, or other events held there. One of  the
wonderous things about Atlantia is that the opportunities for heavy fighters  to
train are abundant, in either melee, or tournament styles. To now be able to
have an opportunity to practice and fight in woods, which presents unique
challanges, will no doubt strengthen Atlantia's many virtues.
My understanding is that there was plans to also have woodland melee for
rapier, but it did not pan out for this time, due to lack of warranted rapier
mashals and members of the academie. Hopefully future events held there  will be
able to encompass the other "close and personal" of the fighting arts in  the
future.

In all a wonderous event, I am looking forward to next year already!
-Takeda