[Moo] OT: Job Hunting (for someone else)

Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.) tatsushu at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:52:58 PDT 2005

Greetings!

A fellow SCAdian (in fact, my Laurel) is currently looking for a job
in the Northern VA/DC area, and it struck me that there may be folks
here who would have ideas.

He is trying to find an apartment here (he has no job where he is, and
he is in an apartment, so he figures he may as well be in the same
position in the place he wants to get a job), and is looking for what
might be available, and I was hoping some of the SCAdians here might
have ideas--if so, please e-mail me privately so we don't waste too
much of this on the list.

Anyway, he is proficient in Japanese language and has some Chinese,
Arabic, and I believe Russian, but I don't know the extent of his
skills.  He has a Master's Degree and was working towards a PhD--I
believe it was in East Asian Languages.  He has worked at a variety of
companies including writing and editing for various magazines, and has
published several books (some scholarly, and at least one role-playing
game).

He has shown interest in both teaching and in jobs dealing with
language skills, although I'm sure he wouldn't be too picky at this
point.  He'd also be willing to go through the process to get a
security clearance.

If anyone thinks they might have an idea, please drop me a line at:

tatsushu at gmail.com

Thank you for your time.

-Ii