[Moo] FW: [Branchseneschals] Updated flyer for Black Prince

cwymarc at comcast.net cwymarc at comcast.net
Mon May 9 11:35:41 PDT 2005

FYI

From: AnneBalfour at aol.com
To: branchseneschals at atlantia.sca.org
Subject: [Branchseneschals] Updated flyer for Black Prince
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 18:21:04 +0000

Gentlefolk, please share the details with your groups; we like to think we
have a neat little event planned, and would enjoy your company.
Thanks,
Anne Balfour
Seneschale
Black Diamond

The Black Prince's Birthday

May 20-22

Hosted by: Barony of Black Diamond

The Year is 1359, the site is England.

In celebration of Edward, the Prince of Wales upcoming birthday a day of
tournament, feast and revelry has been declared. The Barony of Black Diamond
calls forth the most Noble of combatants, to bring their weapons of choice,
their
skill and prowess to this most Honorable field.

Heralds declare that this is a day for all Atlantia, to celebrate on of the
most historical men in history and quite possibly the 14th century.

A day of skills to test martial skills as well as those skilled in the arts.
To celebrate the Black Prince's birthday in all its glory we ask that you wear
and display your finest garb. At the height of the day's martial activities
will be honor, for honor is what holds a fighter true to their skills and path.
This event will test this virtue and we know that Atlantia`s fighters will
not let us down.

Martial Activities:

Friday evening will be a torchlight tourney for both heavy and rapier in a
traditional bearpit.

Saturday will play host to heavy, rapier tournaments themed around honor. We
encourage fighters to bring a consort and a herald, but this is not necessary
for entry into the tourneys. There will be a target archery competition as
well.

Mounted games will be in attendance. Please contact: Baroness Beatrice von
Staufen at: baronessbeatrice at hotmail.com

Arts & Sciences Activities

There will be several competitions including but not limited to:

best use of a Barony's heraldry, best period encampment, illumination,
personal heraldry, best 14th century Stain Glass Piece, bardic competition,
best
field herald novice display, best flavored cordials, and open display.

For further information contact: THLady Alianor Atte Redswane at:
redswane at bellsouth.net

Feast

In grand celebration of the birthday of the Black Prince a 14th century 4
remove feast will be prepared by Lady Senga MacBeathian.

First Remove : Coq Au Vin, Honey Carrots, Savory Toasted Cheese and Creamy
Apples

Second Remove: Roasted Pork, Garlic Turnips, Savory Cabbage and Dipped
Strawberries

Third Remove: Meatballs, Garlic Buttered Noodles, Steamed Vegetables

Fourth Remove: Chocolate Shortbread, Orange Balls, Cream Cheese Mints

Please contact Lady Senga at: lioness635 at earthlink.com for dietary concerns
or questions.

Cost

Adult, Member: $7.00 Day-Trip $8.00 Feast $10.00 Camping

Adult, Non-Member: $10.00 Day-Trip $8.00 Feast $13.00 Camping

Child (6-17): $3.00 Day-Trip $8.00 Feast $5.00 Camping

Child (0-5): $0.00 Day-Trip $0.00 Feast $0.00 Camping

Reservations

Ravenna Storm(Brett Mcpeak), PO Box 452 Max Meadows VA, 24360. Phone
Number(276)699-9658, E-mail: ravennastorm at yahoo.com Cost Notes: Reservations
postmarked before 5/16/05 will receive a $3.00 discount.

Site:

Bland County Fairgrounds, Bland, VA 24315 This site is discreetly wet, no
modern containers. Pets must be on a leash and cleaned up after.

Directions: From the south: Make your best route to I-77 north. Once in VA
follow I-77 north towards Wytheville. I-77 will connect with I-81 south. Follow
I-77 north until it splits with I-81. Stay on I-77 north towards Bluefield,
WV. Take exit 52 off of I-77. At bottom of ramp take a right. At stop sign take
a right and follow SCA signs.

>From the north: Take I-81 south to I-77 north towards Bluefield. Follow above
directions from there.

Merchanting Information: Merchants are encouraged to attend and need to
contact the field steward@: luther_josephus at yahoo.com with the size of the
pavilion. There is no merchant fee but space is limited to outdoors.