[Moo] More Holiday Faire Update

Laurie garadh at erols.com
Sun Nov 6 22:23:54 PST 2005

Are you ready to be dazzled by two buildings full of merchants bringing the finest Medieval merchandise
this side of Pennsic?  In less than two weeks, Holiday Faire will be here.  Have you started your shopping list?
Are sure you have everyone listed?  Don't forget to pick up those special little gifts for your favorite friends and
loved ones for the holidays and don't forget those 12th night gifts.  Is that bag of coins hanging from your belt
weighing you down?  Come to Holiday Faire and put that coin to good use!

A very good friend pointed out that my last posting of merchants attending did not show what merchandise
they will be selling.  Some of you might not know what is available and I thought I would fix that by including
some of the merchandise that will be available.

*** If you are a Merchant, I still have space available.  Download a registration form and send it in.
http://www.stierbach.org/main.html.  If you wait until the day of the event, you run the risk of not getting
an indoor space.***

Here is some of the merchants that came last year.  I also added in of some of the merchandise they will be
carrying and have included several more merchants to this list!
-- Tasteful Treasures -- teas, herbs, spices, gourment gift baskets
-- Blackwood Jewellery -- jewelry and accessories
-- Fabric Dragon -- fabric, trims silk & linen emboridery floss, hand-dyed yarn, leather
    belts and more
-- Big Bob's Little Knife Shop -- blades, jewelry, toys and bumper stickers
-- Gregge the Archer -- archery supplies
-- The Merlion's Tail (mka Sewing Central) -- fine fabrics (linen, silk, wools and more)
-- The Spanish Peacock -- wax tablets, handmade wooden, fiber arts tools
-- Taylor Made Garments --custom garments and fine undergarments
-- Barbarians and Babes -- leather pouches, belts, baldrics, masks, flasks, tankards, chainmaille
    jewelry and much more
--  Rowen's Riches -- medieval style belts, buckles & jewelry
--  Rabenwald Metalsmything -- handmade leather, jewelry & blades and drums
--  Artisan Specialities -- incense, bell dance wares and more
Remember, this is not a complete list of returning merchants-I have more!  I will be posting another list soon.

New merchants coming:
--  Pin Money -- Period Glass-headed veil pins in heraldic colors
--  Brute Force Leather -- corbets, leather corsets, bras, wings, armguards and more
--  Silver Wolf Productions -- Sterling Silver, beaded celtic knotwork and pagan and celestial styles
--  Dopey Dragon Dry Goods -- beads, buttons, leather, skins, yard goods, warhammers, and more
--  Caledonia Pottery -- (1st time merchanting at an SCA event) stoneware pottery w/celtic motifs,
     glass bead earrings
--  Buckston Maddermarket -- naturally dyed wool, dyeing supplies and more
--  Greybarr Traditional Archery -- archery equipment
--  Lions Keep Emporium -- various SCA items
--  Lady Elizabeth's glassworks (stained glass) and company
--  Reconstructing History Patterns -- paper patterns for replica historical clothing
--  Merchants by the Sea -- beaded italian hats and sleeves, books, woven trim and more
--  The Sewing Goddess -- trim, misc. garb, books and more
--  Known World Creations -- handmade soaps & bath products, fabric, trims and more
I will be listing more soon.

I mentioned that lunch will be available for a small fee.  Here is the menu:

  'Adasiya lentil soup

  Chicken and cheese balls with mustard sauce

  Maqaniq (lamb sausage)

  Couscous with vegetables

  Bread and butter

vegetarian option:

  'Adasiya lentil soup

  Couscous with vegetables

  Hard boiled eggs

  Bread and butter

Lunch will be served from 11:30 am to 2 pm (or when the food runs out)

The price will be $5 per serving.

Your gonna need Dessert to go with that lunch.  The Kingdom Sweet Shop will be

selling wonderful dessert and treats that will satisfy your sweet-tooth cravings.

All funds from these sales go to support the Royal's Travel Fund.  Your donation to the

Sweet Shop is welcomed along with your coin.  More will be posted in the days to follow.

There will be a Silent Auction!   Time to clean out those trunks, baskets and make way for all those

new treasures you will be bringing home.  Kurios Iustinos Ancyrenos (Ryan Snead) will be the

Silent Auction Coordinator.  If you would like to help out, contact him at ryansnead at adelphia.net.

If you have something to donate, bring it to Holiday Faire and we will find a home for it.  All funds from

this will go into general expenses for the Barony.

You still have time to mail in a reservation.  Send your Reservations to the Merchant Coordinator:
Lady Cairistiona de Coveran (Laurie Clarkston), 503 Ronnie Court, Spotsylvania, VA 22553.
540-582-2699, email: garadh at erols.com.  Please include SCA Name, membership number and
expiration date.  Make checks payable to: Barony of Stierbach, SCA, Inc.   Remember,
paying at the door will cost you $2 more.   Don't forget to bring your membership cards!

Pre-Registration Costs

      Adult Members
     $6

      Adult Non-Members
     $9

      Children (ages 6-17)
     $3

      Children under 5
     guest of the Barony

      Merchant Space: First 10' X 10'
     First 10' X 10' -- $6

      Additional 10' X 10' space
      $10 each

Pay at the Door:  $8 for Adult members (non-members, $11)

Children's Activities planned.

Martial Activities --  Heavy and rapier fighting will be indoors and Target Archery outdoors.

The traditional Lochmere Arrow Shoot will be held at Holiday Faire. For more information contact

Earl Mika Longbow at earlmika at aol.com.

Site: Prince William County Fairgrounds, 10624 Dumfries Rd, Manassas, VA 20112. Site Restrictions:

No alcohol nor pets.  Site opened at 10 am.  Merchants allowed in at 8 am to set-up.  Site closes 6:30 pm.

Autocrat:  Lord Sean MacKelly (Matthew Kelly), 19130 Pintail Ct, Purcellville, VA 20132. (540) 338-6498,

email: theermine at aol.com.

Directions to the Site:

>From the RT 66: Take the Rt. 234 exit (exit number 44). Turn left onto Dumfries Rd (Business 234), about

the 4th red light. Go north about one mile and turn left into the park directly after the National Guard Armory.

>From the I-95, south of the Washington, DC beltway: Take RT 234 North towards Manassas (exit number 152B).

Follow Route 234 for about fourteen miles and turn right at the light onto Dumfries Rd (Business 234). Go north

about one mile and turn left into the park directly after the National Guard Armory.

Hotel Site information:  Contact the Merchant Coordinator for listing of local hotels.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate contact the Autocrat: Lord Sean MacKelly (Matthew Kelly),

540-338-6498, email: theermine at aol.com or Lady Cairistiona de Coveran (Laurie Clarkston) 540-582-2699,

email: garadh at erols.com.

Please cross post.  Come spend an enjoyable day among your friends.....

YIS,

Cairistiona

Merchant Coordinator