[Moo] Stierbach Baronial Birthday - WOODS BATTLES!

Turgeis Hakonson turgeis_hakonson at verizon.net
Fri Apr 7 17:21:45 PDT 2006

On Behalf of Colum and Briana, Baron and Baroness of Stierbach,
Does Baron Turgeis Hakonson, Baronial Warlord,
Bid You Greetings,

We would like to invite you to join us in the celebration of our Baronial
Birthday, on 22 Jul, AS XL.  As last year, Their Excellencies will be
hosting a series of Pennsic-style woods battles in preparation for the
coming war.  Both Armored Combatants and Rapier Warriors will have ample
opportunities to practice and hone their skills.

If you haven't visited the PennsicWar.org site
http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn35/MARTIAL/warpoints.html, the early war
points breakdown and schedule has been announced.  Out of a total of 15 war
points this year, 3 war points will be decided in the Woods Battles: 2
points for Heavy and 1 for Rapier.  With a smaller number of points this
year, every war point will be hotly contested.

Additionally, there will be Archery and Thrown Weapons in its own section of
the woods and a Siege Engine practice in one of our open fields.

And if that isn't enough; if there is time on the schedule and willing
fighters, we can also have some open field battles to put the finishing
touches on your unit tactics.

I have one last enticement for you.  In the Northern and Central areas,
Stierbach Baronial Birthday will be you LAST OPPORTINUTY to authorize before
Pennsic.

"But Baron Turgeis, I might not get my Authorization Card in time through
the mail."

That possibility has been considered.  As such, THLady Adeliza of Bristol,
KMoL, has cleared Mistress Ilse von Brenner (OP) to issue FULL authorization
cards at our event.  That's right.  While other Kingdoms will be struggling
with their normal process, our KoLs are putting in an administrative
"Express Lane".

This is no small feat and we are very grateful to both THLady Adeliza and
Mistress Ilse, for going above and beyond the call of duty to give you this
opportunity.  So make the most of is and be prepared.

Additional details and schedules will be posted in the future as we solidify
schedules and arrangements.

In Service to Knight, Crown, and Kingdom,
Turgeis

Cross posting is welcome.