[Moo] Demo at the Wakefield School

Tim Mitchell wymarc at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:55:19 PDT 2006

The demo at the Wakefield School in The Plains, VA is this week. I have several volunteers to help, but we can always use more. We need arms, armour, music (live if possible), arts to display and the like.

If you are not comfortable talking to the class, we need background color as well. I'd like to get enough people so we can teach some simple dances.

If you can commit the time, please contact me off list: wymarc at hotmail.com.

Thanks;

Richard Wymarc

My name is Meg Reedy and I am a teacher at Wakefield School in The Plains, VA.  Each spring our history classes studying the Middle Ages have an evening of games, feasting, and activities that highlight the culture of the times.  In the past, members of your group have graciously attended and shared some of their passion for the period with our students.  I would like to extend an invitation to any member of your group that would like to join us in our celebration this year.  I teach the youngest of the participants, the third grade, and they have been entranced with the armor, swords, and fighting demonstrations.  The older children have heard from their older siblings the fun of learning Medieval dances and hoisting the broadsword.
            Our banquet is scheduled for Thursday, April 27, from 3:00 until 6:00 P.M.  I was hoping that something could be arranged.  In any case I would very much like to hear back from you. You can reach me by e-mail mreedy at wakefieldschool.org or you could leave a voice mail here at school (540)253-5393 ex.422.  Thank you for your time.  Ms. Meg Reedy