[Moo] Post Pennsic

Turgeis turgeis_hakonson at verizon.net
Tue Aug 22 09:25:38 PDT 2006

Greetings.

First I would like to thank and congratulate all of you for making this past Pennsic a joyous success.  Everyone contributed to making the best of some difficult circumstances and represented the Barony and our Kingdom in fine fashion.  Well done, indeed.

For anyone who is going to be at Coronation, Saturday’s tournament is a 3 fighter team challenge match.  What that means is teams of 3 will meet on the list for matched single combat.  Not 3 on 3 melee.  The captains of the two teams will meet and roll a die.  The higher of the two will elect to either challenge or meet a challenge.

Example: Ld Stefan’s team of him, Ribcracker and Loric, meets my team of me, William Thomas and THL Rousel.  Stefan wins the die roll and elects to meet the challenge.  My team then sends out one of our team to the list.  Stefan then decides who will meet that fighter.  After that bout, the same process will be conducted two more times and then that round is concluded.

As of now I have been asked, and I have accepted, to be on TRH team to consist of myself and the two heavy Champions.  I highly encourage the fighters of the barony to start a dialog as to who plans on attending coronation and forming as many teams as possible.  Stierbach is growing rapidly in the number of heavy fighters and this would be a great venue to demonstrate that.

Lastly, I will be soon contacting Loric and Stefan for set a date the first monthly Baronial fighter practice.  While at Pennsic, I was inducted into the Order of St. Aidan and asked to assume the rank of 1stSgt, in charge of training. I can’t think of a better place to start than with my own barony, so I hope to see everyone there.  Once the date and times are set, there will be an announcement.

Again, thank you to everyone who supported the war effort.

Baron Turgeis