[Moo] Newcomer's Meeting

Marsaili Johnston ladymarsaili at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 06:17:13 PST 2006

Greetings --

  St. Paddy's Day Bloodbath is always a fun event -- hope you can make it!

  As for your other question, I'm going to send this to the Barony, since that is completely outside of my area of expertise!

  Can anyone recommend a dealer/artisan for a smallsword for a lady?

  Thanks for your help,

  YIS,
  Marsaili

Hasufin Heltain <hasufin at gmail.com> wrote:
  My greetings to you again.

I am tentatively planning on becoming active sometime in March. Indeed, I believe I may wish to attend the "St. Paddy's Day bloodbath". Subject to change with little-to-no notice, of course, so I'm not reserving yet.

That being said, I've a question to which I appeal to you and the barony at large for an answer. My lady has a birthday fast approaching, and I have determined to acquire for her, in perhaps questionable judgment on my part, a blade. My typical source runs more to broadswords, and she is somewhat on the petite side and I think would appreciate a smallsword more. Do you know of any skilled craftsmen in the area from whom I could acquire such an item?

Regards,

Eyvendill

  On 12/29/05, Marsaili Johnston <ladymarsaili at yahoo.com> wrote:    Oh, I understand Life Getting In The Way of Hobbies! <G>  When your mundane schedule settles down, we'd be delighted to see you.  Stay in touch.

  Marsaili

Hasufin Heltain < hasufin at gmail.com> wrote:

    My greetings to you as well.

Unfortunately, my mundane life, specifically my work schedule, precludes attending anythign on weekday evenings. I'm also, sadly, busy for most fot he weekends in January. right now I'm not sure when I'll be able to start attending.  I'll let you know as soon as I have a more firm schedule.

Regards,

Eyvendill

  On 12/29/05, Marsaili Johnston < ladymarsaili at yahoo.com> wrote:     Greetings!

  First, let me apologize for not getting back to you sooner!  I was trying to set up the date, time and location of the next Newcomer's Meeting and the holidays made life a little more hectic than usual.  Hope you all had a very enjoyable time.

  The next meeting will be on January 17 at 7:30p in the home of Courtney de Houghton and Connor Sinclair.  The address is 11639 Newbridge Court, Reston, VA.

  The next event coming up is Kingdom 12th Night, which will be reasonably local this year, in Hollywood MD.  More information is available on the kingdom website at 12night.atlantia.sca.org .

  We also have a weekly fight practice at Tysons-Pimmitt Park behind the library on Rte 7 in Falls Church.  It's a good place to meet people, even if you aren't interested in fighting.  And if you are, they have loaner gear to help you get started.

  In the event that you want to come to an event, just to see what it's like but don't want to make garb, we do have loaner garb available.  And the barony hosting events usually does as well.  Please feel to contact me to make arrangements to borrow something or you can contact the autocrat of the event to let them know that you will need a loan.

  If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.  I promise I'll get back to you sooner!

  Yours In Service,
  Marsaili

      Lady Marsaili Johnston
  Chatelaine
  Baronial Artisan
  Barony of Ponte Alto, Kingdom of Atlantia

  Yahoo! Photos