[Moo] Post Event thoughts

Turgeis Hakonson turgeis_hakonson at verizon.net
Mon Jul 24 19:33:51 PDT 2006

Greetings,

I just wanted to say how grateful I am to everyone in the Barony who helped make Birthday a great event.  TRM were very please with the event and were glad They made the trip.  I know that anyone who took advantage of the authorization process was extremely grateful to those Ladies who made it possible.

I was honored and humbled to receive the Dreamer's Cup.  Honored to be in company of those who have held the cup before me, and humbled because I know that my vision/dream for this event for the past two years would not have been possible without the support and hard work of people who shared and believed in that dream.  Thank you for believing.

Lastly, It was suggested to me that now that a Woods Battle Practice is somewhat established, it could stand as an event on its own and Baronial Birthday go back to being a full celebration.  I think that is a fine idea and I hope that we as a Barony can find the means to do that, if that is in fact the wishes of the populace.  You have indulged me far beyond what I could have ever expected.  Again, Thank you.

After Pennsic, I will be assisting the New Baronial War Lord in establishing a Baronial Practice.  As the Barony grows so does the interests of those who play with us.  We believe we have found a place suitable for this.  We hope to make the official announcement and start a monthly Baronial get together in September.

Baron Turgeis