[Moo] Duke Paul of Bellatrix & St Paddy's DayBloodbath/Northern Regional War Practice

Lisa Mitchell cwymarc at comcast.net
Tue Mar 7 19:46:11 PST 2006

FYI

  _____

From: ponte-alto-bounces at atlantia.sca.org
[mailto:ponte-alto-bounces at atlantia.sca.org] On Behalf Of DCADENISE at aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:02 PM
To: ponte-alto at atlantia.sca.org
Subject: [Ponte Alto] Duke Paul of Bellatrix & St Paddy's
DayBloodbath/Northern Regional War Practice

St. Paddy's Day Bloodbath/March 11, 2006

Banners of the North! Weep!

You shame your noble King with your winter's lethargy. While Atlantia's foes
tilt at rings, you have wintered by your hearthsides growing soft on rude
tales and mulled wine.

Enough! Arise and shake off the rust of these past frigid months. Sound the
battle horn and muster again. Let all the banners of the north fly and fan
our hearts to acts worthy of song.

The Barony of Ponte Alto is proud to present a day that will be sure to
satisfy even the most bloodthirsty fighter.

We will host our annual St. Paddy's Day Bloodbath on Saturday, March 11th.
This is event is a fighter's dream, featuring our usual bearpit tourney and
as many pickups as you can stomach. Remember, This is for both light and
heavy fighters, however this year we will also be adding youth combat to the
schedule! Light fare will be served, and is included in the site fee. Lunch
will be served by by Countess Denise Duvalier and Lady Branwen Bach.  Lite
Fare will consist of beef stew, cheese, bread, pepperoni slices and an
apple/pear dessert.

Their Excellencies of Ponte Alto, Marcellus and Belphoebe, will also be
selecting their rapier and heavy champions, along with announcing a new
baronial warlord on this day.

St Paddy's Day Bloodbath Schedule:

9:00 troll opens

10:00 Authorizations begin

10:00 Duke Paul Instruction class * teaching times are at the discretion of
His Grace and may be changed *

11:00 Bear Pit Tourney (Rapier and Heavy)

12:30 lunch break

12:30-1:30 youth combat

1:30 Bear Pit Tourney resumes

3:00 Duke Paul instruction class for advanced training  * teaching times are
at the discretion of His Grace and may be changed *

4:00 Baronial Court

COST: Site fee is $5. Children under 5 are guests of the barony. Non-members
please add $3 to the site fee.

SITE: Nottaway Park, 9601 Courthouse Road, Vienna, VA 22181. Site is dry.
Pets are permitted on leashes. Site is opens at 9AM until dusk.

DIRECTIONS: Take your best route to I-66, West of 495 to the Nutley Street
exit (Vienna Metro Station). Follow signs to Vienna. Go through three lights
and turn left onto Courthouse Road. The park entrance will be about a half
mile up on your left. Go into the park past the house on the hill. Fighting
field is in the back of the park.

AUTOCRAT: Sir Thomas of Calais (Thomas Hundley), email: THRID AT aol.com,
Phone: (703) 339-4114

RESERVATIONS: Please send all reservations to Denise Hundley, 8112 Bard
Street, Lorton, VA 22079. Checks should be made payable to "Barony of Ponte
Alto, SCA Inc."

Ponte Alto is please to host Northern Regional War Practice - Sunday March
12, 2006

The traditional day after Bloodbath.)

All stalwart warriors, ready to brave wind and ice, awaken from your winter
slumber and join the first Northern Regional War Practice on Sunday, March
12th!

His Grace, Duke Paul will give instruction on a great weapons class prior to
the War practice!

The site will be the traditional Ponte Alto Sunday Practice site at
Tysons-Pimmit Park, behind Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library, 7584 Leesburg
Pike, Falls Church.

Our simple plan for the day is melee, melee, and even more melee. Warm-ups
and singles to begin at noon, with the first call to muster at 1 pm.

Directions:
Take your best route to I-495. Get off at the exit for Tysons Corner at
Route 7 East (Falls Church). The library is on the left about 1 mile towards
Falls Church. Park in the library lot and go down the hill to the park.

OR

Take I-66 to the Route 7 (Falls Church) exit. Get off heading towards Tysons
Corner. The library is on the right about one mile. Park in the library lot
and go down the hill to the park.

Abel Brem of Regnesfolc
Northern Regional Warlord
abelofregnesfolc AT aol.com