[Moo] Thank you

Shalandara at aol.com Shalandara at aol.com
Sun Mar 26 19:09:05 PST 2006

Greetings upon all who read these words:

I wish to thank everyone who chose to come out for our event, Defending the
Gate.  The weather threatened all day, but was clear enough and oftentimes
warm enough to make everyone happy.  I was pleased to see us break previous
attendance marks, and I hope that all who came enjoyed themselves.

A very big thank you goes to the whole Canton of Sudentorre, for putting on
a second event in a months time.  You all astound me with the work you are
able and willing to give.

Thank you to Lady Anne Ramsay: as Reservationist and Head Troll you were
often the first person that people had contact with before and at the  event.
You and your staff did an excellent job in cold & windy  conditions to meet and
greet all who came.

Thank you to my my Marshals: Baron Turgeis, Sayyid Achmed, Lord Allen, and
Mistress Ceridwen for running your tournements so smoothly and quickly.  To  me
it looked as if there were very happy people doing the things that they love
to do, and having fun doing it.

Thank you to all my staff on the field: Lady Cairistiona as Field Steward,
Lady Miriam and Lady Ren for Chirurgeon and Waterbearing duties, Baroness Ysar
and her staff for managing the List tables.  Thank you to all who helped  set
up the field and then take it down at the end of the day.  Thank you to  Mors
de Super for making beautiful targets.  Thank you to Turgeis and  Melrakki
for building an actual gate for the fighting.

Thank you to all my staff up at the hall: Lord Otel as Hall Steward,
Christina de Nedham for running A&S, Baroness Sunniva for silent auction;  Lady
Heather for running children's activities even though it was bitterly cold  in the
wind at times, Lady Rowen for making the merchants feel welcome and for
leading dancing at night,  Stefan and Adrianna for making newcomer's feel  welcome.
 Thank you to all who helped set up tables, and move them, and  take them
down.  Thank you to all who lent extra hands when weather forced  court indoors
and gave us little time to set court up, and then take it down to  hold Feast.
Thank you to all who helped at the end with the cleanup and  closing of the
Hall.

Thank you to Lady Blitha for making lunch, as well as lending a hand
whenever needed.

Thank you to Jen and the kids from the Mary Washington Ren Club: besides
being helping hands in the kitchen and the hall they graced us with their
service at feast, but only to the highest bidder of course.  We are their  major
source of funds, and the bidding got lively at points.

Thank you to Lady Aelfwynn for coming down to us and cooking a worthy  feast.
 I think I saw very satisfied and satiated people roll out of their  feast
seats and into dancing shoes!

Thank you to all pitched in and helped without question.  You know who  you
are, and I saw several, but I know there were many acts of service that I  did
not see but whose effects I did see.  You humble me and make me strive  to be
better.

Thank you to our Baron and Baroness, Colum and Briana.  I count it an  honor
to be your subject.

And finally, a special thank you goes to my husband, Lord Siegfried  McClure,
for without him I would not have been able to get it all done.   With him by
my side I felt that I could conquer the world.

In Service to  my Canton, my Barony, and my Crown
Ly Elizabeth of Hadley Hall
Canton of  Sudentorre, Barony of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
Lozengy Or and Vert a  Chief Sable
Autocrat, Defending the Gate V