[Moo] Baronial Birthday - Please read

Shalandara at aol.com Shalandara at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 04:29:36 PST 2006

In a message dated 3/29/2006 3:07:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ariel_elronds_daughter at yahoo.com writes:

Greetings,

Please note, as was experienced with Kingdom Archery last year, July is a
very risky month for very hot/unhealthy weather in this area. I would think  the
heavy fighters, especially, would be even more at risk for issues in  July.

Best wishes. I know there are no easy solutions.  We need a seer who
specializes in weather! :)

Sincerely,
Alestra

It is very true that last year's Kingdom Archery was called early due to  the
hot weather.  The heat was bad, and all the archers were out in a field  with
no protection at all.

However, the plan for Birthday is for a woods battle, like last  year's, so
the fighters will be in shade most of the day.    Last  year at Birthday the
day was very hot,  but all those down at the martial  activities were better off
due to the shade protection.

I would recommend that there be extra consideration taken for the
non-martial activities up in the field.  We will need plenty of tents up  for shade, and
plenty of waterbearers to make sure people are ok.

There often isn't that much difference in weather between June and July
around here.  We can have high index days in June, there's usally just more  of
them in July so there's less breaks for recovery.

In Service to  my Canton, my Barony, and my Crown
Ly Elizabeth of Hadley Hall
Canton of  Sudentorre, Barony of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
Lozengy Or and Vert a  Chief Sable