[Moo] Courtland Elem School Faire needs a Marshal

Laurie Clarkston garadh at verizon.net
Tue Oct 10 20:59:10 PDT 2006

Hello friends,

I need a heavy and rapier marshal..!!

Saturday, October 14, 2006, the Courtland Elem School Faire will take place.  The SCA has been invited to come help give a Renaissance touch to their annual event.  We have been "billed as honored guests".  Wear late period garb if you have it.

The faire starts at 11 am and ends at 3 pm.  We need to be there by 9:30 am at the latest to set up our stuff.

I could use a couple more heavy and rapier fighters if possible.  But, even more, I am in need of a rapier/heavy fighter marshal.  Due to events beyond our control, my heavy/rapier marshal can't make it this weekend.

I have three heavy fighters -- Allen of Wolfhou, Alexandre and Jasper.
   There is still a slight chance that Alexandre might be called away (its a work thing) and unable to attend, so having a few more heavy fighters will go a long way.  The more the merrier I say!!  Come on, take a chance to walk among hundreds of screaming instant fans who will do ANYTHING for you!  How can you resist?

I am down to one lone rapier.  Will someone come fight with him?

I need a heavy and rapier marshal..!!

The fighting demo will take place at two times:  11:30 am to 12 noon and 1:30 pm to 2 pm.  This way, you're not fighting all day long.

The school has sent home a flyer to every child in the school announcing the scheduled fighting demo.

The school has been painting these huge banners (size of a king size bedspread!!) and hung them over the building advertising the event.

We are still running a Hat making table.  Blitha will be running it.  I am now short handed here now and could use a couple more people.

Sigfried will be juggling and teaching juggling.

We are also running a photo taking booth.  The photo banners are done and they look very nice.  I will be there to take the pictures, but could use a few more people.

This is a rain or shine event!  If it is sunny, we are outside.  If it rains, we go indoors!

Oh, they promise to ply you with food..!!

Did I mention that I need a heavy and rapier marshal?

Cairistiona

PS:  It is very easy to get to the school.  Take exit 126 off I-95.  At the bottom of the hill, turn left (at the light).  Go one mile, and turn left at the light onto Courthouse Road (there is 3 car dealerships on 3 of the 4 corners, a small house on the other).  Follow Courthouse Road heading towards Spotsylvania Courthouse.  You will pass Breezewood shopping Center on your left, then Hilltop Shopping Center on your right.  You will go thru another light next to Courthouse Elem School on your left.  Move into the left lane after this light.  At the next light, turn left onto Smith Station Road.  Go just under a mile, and you will see Courtland Elem. School next to the road on the left.  Go past the school about 100 yards and turn left onto the school bus drive.  Park on the side of the driveway.  If no parking is available, park in the front parking lot of the school.
(From I-95 to Courtland Elem School, it is about 6 miles)