[Moo] November 11 - Dun Carraig Baronial Birthday

Kelly Keck kellylynne at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 07:52:18 PDT 2006

Unto our good neighbors does Adriana Michaels of Dun Carraig send warm
greetings.

The Barony of Dun Carraig invites you to our Baronial Birthday, an event to
cheer the spirit and lighten the heart before the icy grip of winter sets
in. To that end, we have planned to celebrate the birth of our Barony by
drawing on the holy grail of historic inspiration…Hollywood movies.

This gathering of silliness will take place on November 11, 2006 at the
Izaak Walton League, 4200 Gardiner   Road, Waldorf, MD. 206001. More info
can be found at: http://www.duncarraig.net/birthday/

Outdoor activities will spotlight tournaments to select our Baronial
Champions in the areas of Rapier, Heavy, and Archery. Visiting combatants
and archers are encouraged to test the mettle of our would-be Champions and
ensure the title is well earned (and to take
advantage of one of our last chances to fight outdoors until spring).

Non-martial activities will feature a variety of choices. We'll be holding
several classes, including several on period games, and a youth archery
class.  We'll also have dancing after feast, and, as the site will allow us
to build a campfire, hope to have a bardic circle as well. We'll be
sponsoring two clothing competitions and a variety of period games will be
available for you to test your skill.

Our feast will feature food seen in many films and will include items
commonly thought to be non-period for the SCA (some of which is, and some
which might surprise you). Can you separate fact from fiction?

Cost:
 Adult Member $10 Off Board, $16 On Board
 Adult, Non-Member: $13 Off Board, $19 On Board
 Child (6-17): $6 Off Board, $12 On Board
 Child (0-5): $0 Guests of the Barony ($6 if a feast seat is needed)

Reservations:
Baroness Amalia Kunne (Heather Kriebel),
8635 Napping Place, Welcome, MD 20693.
(301) 392-0126.
Email:  Troll at Birthday.DunCarraig.net

Site: Izaak Walton League, 4200 Gardiner Road, Waldorf, MD. 20601

Autocrat: Adriana Michaels, mka Kelly Keck/Kelly Tessena (recently married &
still working on name change--will answer to either), 17826 Piney Poing
Road, Tall Timbers, MD 20659. (301) 576-0561. Email: Autocrat at Birthday
.DunCarraig.net

For more information, directions etc., you can view the
webpage:http://www.duncarraig.net/
birthday or contact the autocrat and/or the reservationist at the addresses
above.

Thank you for the time and bandwidth.

Yours in Service,
Adriana Michaels