[Moo] Collections for Gift Baskets

Bambi Nieto hippydippydncr at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 11:33:50 PDT 2006

I would like to make a donation but I will need help
from the lampworker to achieve it. I can ribbon weave
trim to put on pouches tha i can make in different
kingdom colors but thought it the lampworkers guild
could come up with a bead to adorn each of them
...well it could be that much more special.whaday
thimk?
Bambi/Lady Maria Beatriz la Mora, CoP
(quickly looking up the info ...how many kingdoms are
there now? and what the HECK do their devices look
like? colors? yeah i can do this ,the turks were into
pouches!!!!!!)

--- cwymarc at comcast.net wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> One of the traditions of the SCA is giving gift
> baskets to important visitors.
>
> The King and Queen give gift baskets to other
> Monarchs at Kingdom Crusades, Gulf Wars, Pennsic and
> other interkingdom events.
>
> The Baron and Baroness give gift baskets at
> Coronations and Investitures.
>
> The gift baskets are just that - gifts.  By IRS
> rules for organizations like the SCA, group funds
> cannot be used to pay for these gifts. These gift
> baskets are filled by the generosity of people like
> you and I who donated items or money to purchase
> items.
>
> Baron Colum and Baroness Briana are asking for the
> Barony to help support their gift basket efforts and
> the efforts of the kingdom by donating items that
> are unscented, not fragile, and do not melt.
> (Chocolate often doesn't survive the trip home.
> *sadness*) Handmade items in the colors of the
> different kingdoms are particularly desirable.
>
> If making items doesn't work for you, can you spare
> a dollar or two for items to be purchased? (Note:
> These funds are not a contribution to the SCA and
> will not be deposited in an SCA account.)
>
> Please think about how you can help. Bring any
> contributions to a baronial business meeting or give
> it Thier Excellencies Colum and Briana, Master
> Richard, or myself. If your contribution is for the
> kingdom, we will make sure it gets to the correct
> person. Please include your name and a description
> of handmade items.
>
> Thank you,
> Ceridwen ferch Rhys ap Michael
> Seneschal, Stierbach>

WARNING:
If you cant see my hips,it's not me.
If you can see my hips and I'm not dancing, check for a pulse..no, on second thought, just call the undertaker and then check for a pulse...it saves time.