[Moo] FW: [Branchseneschals] Masters of Defense

cwymarc at comcast.net cwymarc at comcast.net
Thu Sep 7 07:07:45 PDT 2006

From: "Kelly Turner" <caitilinlaoghaire at verizon.net>
To: <branchseneschals at atlantia.sca.org>
Subject: [Branchseneschals] Masters of Defense
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:15:36 +0000

I know I emailed the list before but I am requesting again that you please post this on any of your local baronial lists.  The Acorn somehow misprinted our event announcement again.  It is listed as the 29th of September however the actual date is the 23rd of September.  We are still investigating as to why this happened but right now what matters is letting as many people as possible know that the Acorn has the wrong date. I would hate for people to show up the weekend after.  Also for some reason my email is not letting me left justify so I am sorry if the format of my message is a bit wonky.

Thank you again

YIS,

Caitilín inghean Uí Laoghaire
Seneschal Barony of Lochmere

410-553-0618 8am to 9pm
410-262-1848
caitilinlaoghaire at verizon.net

Masters of Defense
Come one and all to join Their Excellencies, Vlad and Medb, and celebrate the birthday of the Barony of Lochmere!
Martial Activities
In celebration of this glorious event there will be a tournament in the style of the Masters of Defense. Combatants will fight in five forms each of both heavy and rapier. The five forms for the heavy list will include Weapon and Shield, Greatsword, Polearm, Double Weapon, Single Sword. Rapier will include Single Weapon, Double Weapon, Sword and Buckler, Sword and Dagger, and Weapon and Parry Device.
Due to the small size of the list field and surrounding area, tents and pavilions will be extremely limited. Please contact the Autocrat with pavilion requests and sizes. We can not guarantee that you will be able to set up near the list field, but we will do our best to provide a comfortable viewing area.
Children's Activities
There will be a Children's Activity tent set up far enough from the list field to keep small children out of harm's way given the confined area surrounding the list field. Lady Hrosvitha von Celle is in charge of Children's Activities.
NOTE: A parent or legal guardian must accompany and remain with any child brought to the Activity tent.
Please contact Vitha at kerrimart<at>mindspring.com for more information.
Feast
Mistress Keillyn Fitzwarren is planning a sumptuous feast using recipes from De Fait du Cuisine, a cookbook from the early 15th C., and prepared by Keilyn's Companie of Cooks. There will also be a simple lunch served.
Please contact Mistress Keilyn at keilyn<at>comcast.net with any dietary restrictions.
Event Fees
 SiteFeastNon-Member Surcharge
Adult$6$6$3
Children 6-17$3$6
Children under 6 are free

Autocrat
Master Corun MacAnndra
Phone: 410-257-4386, please no calls later than 9 p.m.
E-mail: Corun<at>medievalist.org
Site
St. James Episcopal Church
5757 Solomon's Island Road (Rt 2)
Lothian, MD
The site is wet. No pets except working animals.
Directions
Take your best route to MD-2 and MD-258. The church is less than half a mile north of MD-258 on the east side of MD-2. There is parking in front of the church and across the street from it.
Google Maps
Reservations
Lady Isolda de Crosthwaite (Jill Wallenfelt)
85 Griffith Way
Owings, MD 20736
301-755-3761.