[Moo] Coronation Scriptorium

Aimee Kratts troenwolf at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:08:28 PDT 2007

Greetings to the List:

Did you ever wonder what it looks like to watch a scribe
make a scroll? You'll get your chance at Coronation on Sept. 2 in Haymarket, VA. (http://coronation.atlantia.sca.org/)  I will be organizing an open scriptorium for scribes
who want to work on their projects with the intent that the populace can watch
us in action and get a glimpse into our world.

If you are a scribe and would like to participate, please
contact me so I can get a rough head count for planning. We'll have at least 2
tables set up indoors. I'll request more space if enough people contact me
ahead of time.

This scriptorium is for scribes who want to share ideas and
techniques. Please bring your own supplies for your projects. I will have a few
extra supplies on hand if people forget paper or paint but I won't have a lot.

Let me answer a couple of questions ahead of time:

1. This is *not* battle scribing. There is no pressure here.
No one is expected to do anything in a time fame. This is all about the love of
scribing.

2. This is not a children's activity. Some paints that we
use are poisonous and we don't want any little fingers involved.

3. There will be no formal classes at the scriptorium. You
can pick up techniques or not, as you wish. Again, no pressure here.

Please contact me if you think you are interested in participating in the
scriptorium. I hope to see you there!In Service to Kingdom and Crown,Lady Amie SparrowApprentice to Master Tristan AlexanderProtégée to Mesterinde Karen Larsdatter