[Moo] The Bow of Sarnac

Jen jen at lazygarden.net
Fri Aug 17 20:31:34 PDT 2007

Your Excellencies,

While at Pennsic, I came into possession of the bow of Count Sir Sarnac
Kir (Ba'adur), eighth King of Ealdormere (m.k.a. Bobby Holley) who was
a dear friend of mine that passed away last December. I don't know if
you ever met him, but he was a  person who's enthusiasm and willingness
to teach inspired a great many people and helped The Dream come true
for them.

It is in remembrance of him and his willingness to share knowledge and
friendship that I wish to gift his bow to the Barony of Stierbach. It
is a left handed 54# longbow (ML-17 1263) made by Howatt Tradition. If
it passes inspection, I would very much like for it to be part of the
baronial loaner gear. Should any gentle come to use the bow, become
attached to it and want to purchase it... it must never be sold, but
given as a gift.

The only thing I ask for in return is that if for any reason, the bow
breaks or becomes unusable, it be returned to me for disposal no matter
how many pieces it is in. This information would need to be passed on
to any new owner should there be one.

Should you find that this request is unusual and want to turn it down,
I will not be offended or take it personally. My goal is only to find a
home worthy of his memory and spirit. The vast kindness and willingness
to share, not just in archery, but in all things, that Stierbach has
shown me made me think of it first when deciding what to do with my
gift.

Thank you for your consideration,
Lugach Gruadbrecc
a.k.a. Lupette