[Moo] How big is Stierbach?

Ryan Snead iustinos.ancyrenos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 15:22:21 PST 2007

Countess Denise Duvalier, Deputy Seneschal for the Virginia region, recently
compiled a census of paid SCA members in Virginia. She shared the membership
numbers with me and the two canton seneschals. I am happy to report that our
membership numbers are strong. The barony has a total of 263 paid members.
Sixty percent of SCA members live in what I will call "unincorporated" or
"suburban" Stierbach with forty percent living in either the canton of
Sudentorre or incipient canton of Abhainn Iarthair.

While there is no direct way of calculating the number of SCA participants
we have who are not paid SCA members, I suspect we have somewhere between
one and two thirds more people in our barony who do not maintain paid SCA
membership but are very much a part of the game that we all enjoy. Whatever
your status with the Corporate office, thank-you for contributing to the
Dream we all enjoy.

Interested in becoming an SCA member? Membership saves you money at all our
events and can entitle you to receive local and society publications (paying
for itself in as few as six events per year). Visit
http://www.sca.org/members/welcome.html for more information on the
advantages of SCA membership.

In faithful service do I remain,

Iustinos Ancyrenos, seneschal to the barony of Stierbach