[Moo] Pennsic Midrealm & Allies Hospitality Tent

cwymarc at comcast.net cwymarc at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 11:12:21 PDT 2007

Lady Rhonwen is a Canton of Sudentorre member. I'm posting this at her request. Please take some time to help out, if you are able. - Ceridwen
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greetings,
At Pennsic this year I am coordinating a hospitality tent for cross over fighters (fighters who do heavy and rapier) during the war point battles on Tuesday.  This tent is for the Midrealm and their allies, which Atlantia is one this year, in particular to give those folks who cross over a place to change and recharge before going out to the next battle.  The Midrealm has a large contingency of cross over fighters, and after several years of having no place to change and refresh this seemed like the perfect idea.  So why am I sending this email?  I need help.
I do not know how many people from the middle will be helping, the volunteer list has not been forwarded onto me, but here is a list of things I need help with if anyone would like to take some time out of their day and come on out!
Volunteer opportunities:
Set-up:  I need a few to help before the heavy battle starts arranging tables and chairs and helping people store gear.  This would be about 9 am.
Staff:  I need people from 11:30 to 1:30 to serve food and drinks and help fighters who need assistance with gear.
Tear-down:  I need people to obviously help me police the area and clean up after everything is done.  We reasonably cannot do this until after the rapier battle is over.
Food / Drink Donation opportunities:
There is no budget for this, so any food or drink given to the tent will be a donation.
Fighter friendly foods would be appreciated.  Such as oranges, pickles, pretzels, small sugar items, nuts, veggies and etc.  Thinking about things I like to have, so think about things you and your friends like to have when doing activities.
I am trying to contact the water bearers (probably won’t happen until I get to Pennsic) so that we can make sure they swing by, but it would be nice to have drinks available other than those.  So, that means anyone who can donate water and powder Gatorade that would be great.  Of course lemonade would be wonderful as well.
This is of course only for the fighters for the Middle and Their Allies, please refrain from broadcasting this to far and wide.  The Middle always tries to take care of their allies, and this is one more way to show appreciation.  The tent will be located on the battle field next to the Royal Viewing platform.  It will be a large blue and white striped Grimm’s tent, so you should not be able to miss it.  I will be there from 9:30 until it is over so you should be able to spot me and the boys, unless I can find someone to help with that for a while.
In service,
Rhonwen