[Moo] Business Stuff

Ryan Snead iustinos.ancyrenos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:08:20 PDT 2007

Greetings from your baronial seneschal!

I had planned to bring up meeting nights and attendance at the end of
tomorrow night's business meeting, but since the ball is rolling, I
encourage folks to talk about this some more and bring your thoughts and
ideas to the meeting tomorrow night if you can attend.

What I'm really looking for is a way to get more people involved with the
functioning of their barony. In a group with around 250 paid members, we
should be able to see more than 10 regular attendees making decisions for
the barony.

Sunday meetings are an option I would look upon favorably as an experiment,
but they're certainly not the only possibility I think the barony could
consider. Please try to think about ways we can get more people to attend
meetings rather than just telling us why one particular idea is a bad one.
There are two sides to any argument. While it may be easier to focus on the
negatives of any given option, it is more beneficial to maximize the
positives of the option we ultimately choose.

Thank-you all for sharing your thoughts. Please continue to do so.

Iustinos Ancyrenos Patrikios and seneschal to the barony of Stierbach

 Note: The reason I asked Grace for meeting space is that our regular July
meeting at the Library would have fallen on July 4th, so we needed a place I
could guarantee our reservation for prior to tomorrow's meeting. The
Library's annual reservations day for any date after July 1st is in the
third week of June.