[Moo] Defending the Gate

Turgeis Hakonson turgeis_hakonson at verizon.net
Wed Mar 14 08:50:24 PDT 2007

Defending the Gate VI - March 31, 2007

Canton of Sudentorre, Barony of Stierbach

Greetings Fair Atlantia,

>From Baron Turgeis Hakonsson, MiC

The Canton of Sudentorre, with in the Barony of Stierbach, invite one and all to participate in Defending the Gate VI.  As in years passed, this event focuses on teamwork.  That theme remains; however, this year we are highly encouraging teams to be comprised of and centered around Baronies and Shires.  In period, disputes of various sorts were often decided by who could raise the necessary resources and means to bring superior forces and logistics to bear.  Therefore, we ask that the great Baronies of Atlantia muster their populace and rally to Defend their Gates.  In that same effort, Baronies are highly encouraged to recruit from the Shires to increase they resources.  This is assuming any of the shires wish to join.  Perhaps the Shires have been quietly raising their own means to stand alone.  Who knows?

This is not to say that any group or team not part of a local group will be excluded.  Our friends from Galatia, Anglesey, and Rome are also invited.  Households and teams formed on the day of the event will also be included.  If you are by yourself, we will find someone for you to play with.

Participants are encouraged to proudly display the colors of their local groups, by it Shire or Barony, College or Canton.

For Armored Combat and Rapier activities: Very similar to last year.  My goal this year is to cut down on the amount of waiting and maximize everyone's ability to participate.

1) A bear pit style format will be used in defending the gates from invading foes. The structure used last year will be used again; only it will be reconfigured into two parallel gates vice one large gate.  Combat Archery will be included in this portion for Armored combat only.

2) This year we will do our best to recreate the Allied Champions Battle from the previous Pennsic. This consists of Capture the Flag with resurrections.  No Combat Archery. Full details will be provided the day of the event.

For Target Archery: If you have ever been to an event in Sudentorre, you know that our team of TA marshals strive to provide the most interesting and challenging shoots for all skill levels.  Typically there are moving target, knockdown targets, along with your favorite traditional shoots; and this year will be no different.  But I don't want to spoil any surprises they may have in store. Children 12 and under need an adult with them. Both need to check in with the marshals before shooting.

Additional Info:

A) MiTs of all disciplines are welcome.

B) Authorizations will begin as soon as the MoL is open, two marshals and an usher are available.  However, it is my goal to not allow authorizations to impede the rest of the day's activities.  If I have enough marshals, authorizations will continue while the other activities are on going.

C) All volunteers for Marshaling are welcome.  See B) above.

D) Please contact me directly if you have any questions at Turgeis_Hakonson at verizon.net