[Moo] [Fwd: [Ponte Alto] Alle Psallite]

Signora Cassandra Arabella Giordani cassandra at jordanclan.net
Sun Mar 18 18:59:30 PDT 2007

Forwarded as requested.

Cassandra

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Ponte Alto] Alle Psallite
Date: 	Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:25:48 -0500
From: 	Barbara <barb at ravenstreet.org>
To: 	<ponte-alto at atlantia.sca.org>

Hello. Just in case we have some new friends on this list, I want to
mention that we have a really good – and really fun – vocal music group
in the area: Alle Psallite.

Alle Psallite (pronounced AH-lee SAH-lee-tay) is (roughly) a eight to
twelve voices that sing two, three, and four part music from the
medieval and Renaissance periods. Our singers are usually from the Ponte
Alto and Stierbach areas. Practice is on Monday nights at my home, and
we usually sing at local events and occasionally some Kingdom event or
demo.

Having just sung at the Tournament of Love and Beauty followed
immediately by the Kingdom A&S Festival, we took a few weeks off. But we
are starting up again tomorrow night (Monday, 3/19). So right now is an
excellent time for new voices to join us. Don’t sing? Don’t read music
very well? We can fix that.

Seriously, we’ve had a number of people who have joined us over the
years with minimal formal musical background, and they’ve come a
tremendous way in learning music and contributing to the success of the
group. We welcome more!

Drop me a line at barb AT ravenstreet DOT org, and we’ll get you connected.

Cheers,

Mistress Anne of Carthew

(could someone forward this to the Moo list, please?)

--
Signora Cassandra Arabella Giordani
Barony of Ponte Alto, Kingdom of Atlantia
cassandra at jordanclan.net