[Moo] Tournoi des Enfants -- May 12 -- Sudentorre

Shalandara at aol.com Shalandara at aol.com
Thu May 3 19:38:21 PDT 2007

Tournoi des Enfants is almost here!  Since this is the first time an  event
like this has happened around here I decided to post some more information
about what wonders you can expect to experience.

First off, there are loads of youth martial competitions.  Archery,  Thrown
Weapons, Combat, and Rapier.  Yes, with the publication of the rules  for Youth
Rapier we can proudly offer this to the populace of Atlantia.   With all the
martial activities located conveniently near each other there is no  fear of a
child having to pick one over the other.  There will be plenty of
opportunities for them to partake in all that they want.  It is also a  prime time to
show the youth all that they are capable of doing within the  SCA.

Martial Activities not your style?  Well, take a look in the A&S  tent where
there will be a competition open only to youth Artisans.  Now is  the time for
them to shine and show what they are capable of producing.   Besides the
competition, there are a plethora of classes to take.  Some  have age or size
limitations; please contact Lady Cairistiona (_garadh at verizon.net_
(mailto:garadh at verizon.net) ) if you need more  information immediately on any class.  Here
is a current listing of the  classes being offered: Banner making, Intro to
Calligraphy & Illumination,  Breadmaking, Finger loop braiding, Intro to
Juggling, Celtic Embroidery, History  & Basic playing of the harp, Shadow puppets,
Puppets in period, Page Academy  &S core class, Henna through the Ages, and
Decorating Fans.  There  might be more classes added before the event.  Some of
these classes do  count as Page Academy classes.

You have a child that needs to run off some energy?  Well, we will  have an
active play area where there can be bocce games, croquet matches, stick  horse
races and/or stick horse jousting, or any other games that children might
want to play.

There will also be an activity tent where there will be a host of crafts  and
other things to amuse children of all ages.  This area would be the one  most
likely labeled "children's corner" if at a normal event.  Coloring,
painting, games, and crafts galore to be found here.

Have a younger child, a toddler or infant?  Do not fear -- there is a
special place set aside for you.  Age-safe toys in a tent with a floor so  that
crawling babes can be kept out of the grass!  There will also be a  changing area
in here, and pillows (good for quick naptimes) and possibly a  rocking chair
(for nursing moms).  A sandbox will be nearby, sure to please  even the most
discriminating shovel wielder.

Lunch will be served buffet style, and will be available from 11:30 to 2ish
-- and will be filled with a wide variety of child pleasing dishes.  There
will be the big white baronial tent for the use of all, but if you want to bring
 your own pavilion please contact the List Field Coordinator, Lord Siegfried
(_siegfriedmcclure at aol.com_ (mailto:siegfriedmcclure at aol.com) )  beforehand.

The site is private property.  Please respect the "Do not go beyond"  signs.

And as a final, gentle reminder to parents: this is a day to spend with  your
child.  Let them see how much fun an event can be together.

I hope to see you Mother's Day weekend!

In Service to  my Canton, my Barony, and my Crown
Ly Elizabeth of Hadley Hall
Canton of  Sudentorre, Barony of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
Lozengy Or and Vert a  Chief Sable
Autocrat, Tournoi des Enfants