[Moo] Idea to remember Karl

TheWolfhou at aol.com TheWolfhou at aol.com
Fri May 4 04:56:39 PDT 2007

Greetings friends,
    Yes, it was a large surprise as I  was returning from a call yesterday,
to get a call from Susan Grant  that Karl was in the hospital in a coma and not
expected to come out of it. My  pardner for the day was agreeable that we
would head straight for the hospital,  and dispatch could call us there if we had
another call. Even greater was my  surprise and dismay when I arrived, and
was informed by the ICU nurse that he  had passed quietly just about a half hour
ago. His family had just left. She  kindly gave me his sister's phone number.
    I will try to keep you updated as I find anything  new about funeral
arrangements. I thank all who have already told me that they  would like to
contribute toward flowers and the rest going to the family to help  defray some of
the expenses. This was very sudden to them also, and I fear the  expenses of a
furneral will be hard on them.
    As an idea, I thought you may also like to wear a  ribbon of some kind in
rememberance of Karl for the next few events... I always  think of him having
a heart of gold. If the canton was ever doing a project,  doing a demo,
learning an art, needed extra hands for moving, cooking, painting,  waterbearing,
troll, anything, he was always game to try, willing to lend a  hand, and there
to do whatever he could. I smile at his attempt to sew blackwork  and make
leather shoes, but he was willing to try something new! I am thankful  for his
help precooking feasts and lunches. I am proud of his preformance at the  Post
Oak demo. We are going to miss him at the meetings, sunday practices, and  the
upcoming Tournoi des Enfantes (he was going to help ensure we had 2 adults  in
the classroom and activity tents)... We will miss his quiet unpreposing
willingness to help where he could. He had a heart of gold!!!  So, I have
prepared 30 some black ribbons with gold hearts at the ends, to tie onto our  persons
or stuff, as a rememberance of him. If you wish to wear one, I will have
them at Crown Tourney, and whenever you see me next. I know Allen and Ragnar
will be bearing them when they fight on Saturday.
    Thank you for all your support,
    I am in all of your's debt for the support you  provide for me!

YIS
--Blitha