[Moo] Sapphire A&S

TheWolfhou at aol.com TheWolfhou at aol.com
Tue May 22 14:07:26 PDT 2007

Greetings all,
I have not heard much about the A&S classes and displays at Sapphire,  so I
got the class schedule from off the Sapphire website for your perusall...  it
looks good! Let us not forget that Siegfried will need some help all weekend
at troll. Cairistiona may need a retainer for her highness on sunday. And we
will support our fighters, and archers...
--Blitha

Saturday:

    Beginner Chainmaile
Galfrid Saturday A&S tent  2 $2.00 9:00 a.m.-11:00
Bring 2 pair of pliers
Learn how to make a jig for turning coils, how to cut rings, the  basics of 4
in 1 pattern and how to put the sheets together into a  garment. I teach what
I call speed weaving. It cuts the time it takes to  weave in half from
conventional single ring weaving. Everyone will go home  with the makings of a basic
6" square. The square is great as a trivet for  hot pots around camp.

Glass  Guild Demo/Display
Leofwynne  Saturday A&S  tent 2   11:00 a.m.-1:00  p.m.

Beginner  Doumbek
Galfrid Saturday  Isenfir  Camp   12:00-1:00  p.m.
It is for the very beginner to the person who needs more  instruction on the
basics of Doumbek drumming.
Intermediate  Doumbek

Intermediate  Doumbek
Galfrid Saturday  Isenfir  Camp   1:00 p.m.-2:00  p.m.
Will go over snaps, pops and finger rolls. This class will last  about an
hour.

Seneschal  101/102
Baroness Fiona  MacLeod Saturday A&S tent 1   2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.

Paint Mixing
Ysolt de la Mere Saturday A&S tent  2   1:00 p.m.-2:00  p.m.

Basic ME  Dance
Lady Saahira Nashita of  Isenfir  Saturday Isenfir Camp   2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Some of the most  basic moves and how to put them together on the fly at a
hafla or drum  circle. Taking movements and modifying them for smaller  spaces.

Artisans of  Atlantia-Meeting
Lady Anne  LeSettere Saturday A&S tent 2   2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.

Dancing and drum circle
Lady Saahira Nashita of Isenfir  Saturday  Isenfir  Camp   3:00 p.m.-4:00
p.m.
Basic rhythms, listening and counting each rhythm and then finding  moves
that fit the rhythm. drum circle and hafla dance etiquette. how to  get
comfortable enough to get up there and dance. do's and don'ts while  doing Oriental
dance. How not to fall in the fire, or knock other dancers  over while dancing!
this class is combined halfway through with: Drum  Circle drumming and dancing-
Communications between drummers and dancers.  Basic etiquette when joining a
drum circle as a drummer. Experiential vs.  Rhythmical drum circles, drums and
dancing for each  type.

KMoAS/MoAS  Meeting
Lady Anne LeSettere  Saturday A&S  tent 2   3:00 p.m.-4:00  p.m.

Performance
Min el Jbal el Zarr'a Saturday Isenfir  Camp   4:00 p.m.-4:30  p.m.

Hafla
Lady Saahira Nashita of Isenfir  Saturday  Isenfir  Camp After feast
   Saturday- May  26
    Sunday, May  27

Autocratting a Kingdom Level  Event
Melisent la Ruse   Sunday A&S  tent 1 11:00 a.m.- 12:00  p.m.
A helpful class for potential autocrats for Kingdom level  event.  Also
helpful for local level event autocrats as  well.

Introduction to  Natural Dyes
Magdalena de  Hazbrouke  Sunday A&S tent 2 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.  and 2:00
p.m. to  4:00 p.m.

Basket  Making
Magda z Stalburg  Sunday A&S  tent 1 $2.00 1:00 p.m.-2:30  p.m.
Make a hanging basket to hold onions while learning the twining  technique of
basket making. Please note you will get  damp!

Known World  Choir
Lord Geffrei Maudeleyne  Sunday Location-  TBA 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Pennsic 2007 rehearsal. I will emphasize pronouncing the German and  Latin
and then work on parts. If enough people take the class and can  fully learn a
piece, we could possibly perform a piece for  feast.