[Moo] Baronial Business Meeting schedule (Important!)

Ryan Snead iustinos.ancyrenos at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:41:00 PDT 2007

Greetings Stierbach from your seneschal, Iustinos Ancyrenos patrikios!

Next month, we will need to reserve meeting space at the Manassas Library
for the coming year. Business meetings are the central node of an SCA
chapter where everything and everyone comes together. From demos and events
to the latest projects going on at Scribal night, hear and talk about it
first at the business meeting. Its definitely not just something officers
should attend. Typically, our business meetings take between 60 and 90
minutes.

So take a minute. Think about what day and time works best for you and when
you think would work well for the barony, and then tell me what you like.
The basic parameters are [M-F] evening starting no earlier than 6pm and
ending no later than 9pm. Or Sunday starting no earlier than 1pm and ending
no later than 9pm. The times based on my schedule because I have to run the
meetings. Saturdays don't work because of SCA events.
Some thoughts that have been mentioned to me already are:
1. Wednesday evening - Tried and true. Many (but not all) of the officers
seem to be able to make it a regular part of their monthly schedule. A few
members of the populace attend with some regularity. We'd always like to see
more though.
2. After archery practice. Everybody likes archery, right? Why not get a
business meeting out of the way when lots of people are around anyway and
its too dark/too late to shoot. The -ahem- "moving target" of archery
practice could make scheduling a regular location tricky.
3. Sunday evening. It works well for Ponte Alto, why not us! There are
already weekly Sunday afternoon gatherings in different parts of the barony
between which we might be able to alternate. To the extent I've been able to
discover, publicly available meeting spaces close down at 5pm, so this would
pretty much have to be at someones' house.
4. Sunday afternoon. Similar to Sunday evening, but allowing people who
wouldn't look forward to a long drive home Sunday night a chance to start it
earlier. This also opens up some library meeting rooms as all the area
libraries close at 5pm on Sunday.

We'll pick a week of the month that makes sense and can be scheduled to go
along with the day of the week, but if you have an opinions about that, let
me know. Thank-you for your opinions. They will greatly influence the final
decision.