[Moo] FW: FW: Botanical query

TheWolfhou at aol.com TheWolfhou at aol.com
Thu May 31 09:29:23 PDT 2007

About that bittersweet, I think it is pretty. My mom always had it on a
fence. She dried the branches with the opened husk that exposed the berry, and
used them in flower arrangements. The birds love it, and it attracted many birds
 we didn't see otherwise like evening grosebeaks and kingbirds. Pulling the
shoots that reseeded never bothered any of us in any rash, but the poison  ivy
sure does. As far as poisonous for pets and kids, it is in an outof the way
space.  Much of what we grow is poisonous if eaten. (like  daffodils,
didgitalus, yarrow...). Teach the kids not to eat it.
--Blitha

In a message dated 5/30/2007 10:36:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,