[Moo] Advertisment for Yule Revel

Ryan Snead iustinos.ancyrenos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:02:20 PST 2007

Forwarded at request of the autocrat...

Name of Event:  Yule Revel
Date(s) of Event:  Janurary 5, 2008
Hosting Group:  Barony of Storvik
Update to existing flyer?  Yes

And the running of the deer
The playing of the merry organ
Sweet singing of the choir...

Well... it's a night event: there's no actual organ; and the only deer will
be in the stew. But we'll have a choir if we have to kidnap gentles at
random.  It's all part of the diversion that will be the Barony of Storvik's
Yule Revel.  We will be offering a wide variety of amusements for your
delight.  Besides the aforementioned kidnappings and caroling, there will
be: dancing; various contests; a decidedly bardic-friendly atmosphere; and a
general warmth and light to drive the dark away.

Website:

Martial Activities:

Arts & Sciences Activities:  A space will be made available for those
wishing to display their period desserts.  There will be a gaming contest, a
riddling contest, and a dessert contest (both for period and non-period
desserts).  Musicians and performers are welcome.

Cost:   Adult, Member:  $10.00 Day-Trip $0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping
       Adult, Non-Member:      $13.00 Day-Trip $0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping
       Youth (6-17):   $8.00 Day-Trip  $0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping
       Child (0-5):    $0.00 Day-Trip  $0.00 Feast     $0.00 Camping

Make Checks Payable To:  Barony of Storvik, SCA, Inc.

Cost Notes:  There is a $2 discount for an adult bringing a dessert.

Site:  St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, College Park, MD.  The event begins at
5 PM and ends at 10 PM: volunteers for cleanup are also welcome.

Site Restrictions:   The site (discreetly) permits wine, but no beer or hard
alcohols.

Feast Information:  This is an evening dessert revel, so there will be no
full feast.  A board of light fare, including hot and cold drinks, will be
provided. If you have any dietary restrictions, please contact the
feastocrat (Lady Tirzah MacCrudden, feasts at otcreation.com).

Merchanting Information:

Other Information:

Autocrat's Information:  Lord Morgan O'Lathlann (Maurice Lane), 9426
Canterbury Riding, Laurel, MD 20723,  Phone: (301) 483-3691, E-mail:
moelane_1999 at yahoo.com

Reservations:  Send reservations to autocrat

Directions:  Take your best route to the Washington Beltway (I-495). Take
exit 25 (Rt. 1) South, and follow Rt. 1 South. After about 2 miles, take a
left onto College Ave (The MD book exchange is on the left). The church is
two blocks down on the left.  There is parking both in front of and behind
the church.

Metro Directions: Take the Metro (Green line) to the College Park Metro
Station. When leaving the station, take a right into Columbia Avenue.
Columbia dead-ends on College Avenue; turn left onto College Ave and walk 3
blocks.  The church will be on your right. The site entrance faces the
smaller parking lot.

I affirm that I have obtained permission from each person listed in this
annoucement to publish their personal information electronically