[Moo] Lots of demos this week and next.

TheWolfhou at aol.com TheWolfhou at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 20:37:13 PDT 2007

This thursday, 25 Oct, we are at Odessey Montesori School (on Olde  Greenwich
Rd, off Lafayette  in Fredericksburg) doing a 2 hour  demo/presentation on
clothing and weaponry of the middle ages. This is for  grades 1-6. Be there by
8:30 am, showtime from 9 to 11. If any wish to join us,  feel free to come...

Saturday, 27 Oct, is the Boy Scout Demo at Camp Snyder in Haymarket. The
scouts from grade 6 - 12 are haveing their fall camperee, a medival theme. There
we are ambiance, and heavy fighting demo, archery and thrown help, and if
there  are any seige weapons out there, they too are welcome. Allen of Wolfhou is
 coordinating it. He needs to get a head count and let the scouts know our
number, because they are planning on feeding us. In the evening, they are
interested in something like a bardic in the main hall... Allen's email is :
_wolfhou at hotmail.com_ (mailto:wolfhou at hotmail.com)

On Tuesday, 30 Oct, at Rodney Thompson Middle School in Stafford Co is a
Medival Faire during the day. As I understand thier plans, the 8th grade is
hosting a fair, and the other middle schoolers are cycling through the
activities. We are bringing our 2 "get your picture as Young Elizabeth or as  young
Edward" banners. I will have game boards and be teaching and playing  Morris
games. There also  may be dancing and a static display. I think they  are focusing
on the Crusader period (1100-1250s), sort of. The fair will be the  entire
school day, from set up at 8:30 to the end of school about 2:30ish.

Then, that same tuesday the 30th evening Rodney Thompson Middle  School will
have a family night with dinner and some sort of "show". They  got their
approval from the school late, so they are scrambling. The Canton  folks I have
talked to at tonight's regular A&S meeting have decided to  not meet at the CCC
next tuesday, and instead go to the Rodney Thompson  Middle School family
night. The fighters are planning on fighting, and we may  get some dancing going...
This is from 5pm - 7pm. I am still finding out what  they are planning, and
will let you know when I do. If any wish to come either  for the day at the
school, or the evening dinner and show, you are most  welcome!

Since the Canton is not haveing our scheduled bardic on the 30th, we will
have bardic on the following tuesday, the first tuesday of November. So, all can
 adjust their calendars...
YIS
--Blitha