[Moo] Baronial Awards

Janie Darby darbyjanie at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 06:10:34 PDT 2007

Greetings unto the List!

As many of you may know, we have been involved for a number of years intrying to get names for the Baronial Awards passed. A effort severalyears ago netted us devices that passed, but the names did not.  Of all of the awards, the only one that had a name with a chance ofpassing was the St. Roche, which has been reworded somewhat, alreadysubmitted as the "Saint Roch". Pronunciation and meaning are the same -but it's now a German spelling.  Lady Rhonwen and Lord Enequy met with the Kingdom Golden Dolphin Herald,Mistress Alisoun, at University and came up with a list of names whichshould pass. Lord Enequy has posted them on the Stierbach website underthe list of awards - http://home.comcast.net/~enequy/OOP/O_O_P.html -scroll down to the Baronial awards. The proposed name for each award isin parentheses ().  In the past we went through several cycles of asking for suggestionsfrom the populace, putting them out for comment and voting on them. Thishas been time consuming and not very fruitful.  Under current policy,the names need be acceptable only to the Baron and Baroness. It istherefore our intent in the interest of efficiency, unless we receiveSTRONG objections from the populace, to go forward with these names. Thelonger we wait, the greater chance we have of someone else choosing oneof these names.  We need to move quickly on this. Please provide any comments to us byOct. 31st.  In Service, Baroness Briana and Baron Colum