[Moo] baronial awards

Michael Howell j41mch at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 04:57:23 PDT 2007

Works for me Loric of Ironwood

  Greetings unto the List!

As many of you may know, we have been involved for a number of years
intrying to get names for the Baronial Awards passed. A effort
 severalyears
ago netted us devices that passed, but the names did not.  Of all of
 the
awards, the only one that had a name with a chance ofpassing was the
 St.
Roche, which has been reworded somewhat, alreadysubmitted as the "Saint
Roch". Pronunciation and meaning are the same -but it's now a German
spelling.  Lady Rhonwen and Lord Enequy met with the Kingdom Golden
 Dolphin
Herald,Mistress Alisoun, at University and came up with a list of names
whichshould pass. Lord Enequy has posted them on the Stierbach website
underthe list of awards -
http://home.comcast.net/~enequy/OOP/O_O_P.html -scroll down to the
 Baronial
awards. The proposed name for each award isin parentheses ().  In the
 past
we went through several cycles of asking for suggestionsfrom the
 populace,
putting them out for comment and voting on them. Thishas been time
 consuming
and not ve
 ry fruitful.  Under current policy,the names need be acceptable only
 to the
Baron and Baroness. It istherefore our intent in the interest of
 efficiency,
unless we receiveSTRONG objections from the populace, to go forward
 with
these names. Thelonger we wait, the greater chance we have of someone
 else
choosing oneof these names.  We need to move quickly on this. Please
 provide
any comments to us byOct. 31st.  In Service, Baroness Briana and Baron
 Colum

http://mail.yahoo.com