[Moo] Archery land use

ndcsive at cox.net ndcsive at cox.net
Thu Apr 3 10:17:28 PDT 2008

I talked to the Prince William Park Authority and basically it is against the law to shoot any sort of projectiles in the public parks. (Guns, rockets, arrows.) This is unless the county would give us a waiver.

Because of all the soccer activities and other activities that happens at the James Long park I was told it would be doubtful for us to use that space. Very, very, very doubtful. There is another park that won't have scheduled games for a few years, Sudley Park, which is close to Gumsprings and 234 in Manassas. We would have to petition the county for a waiver by providing them information regarding our group, regarding our insurance and regarding our safety, all which could be done. Then thier Risk Management group gets together and decides if we are worthy. :)  (If we were to offically apply we would have to pay a $25 non refundable fee)

I will talk to the archers on Friday and see how they would feel about this location.

Esperanza